found big leak and need help

• belayd
      belayd
      Global
      After about 6K hands, according to HEM, nearly 90% of my losses come from this category: "top pair weak kicker or worse with weak/no draw."

I looked at the hands list in HEM and it doesn't make sense to me. In many of the hands listed, I saw the flop and didn't make a pair at all. Very often I folded to a Cbet because I had junk.

Perhaps someone could help me out with what this particular category is referring to, and what the standard leak plugs for it are.
  • 7 replies
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by belayd
      "top pair weak kicker or worse with weak/no draw."

Stop playing junk hands.

No, seriously... I think this is not enough information for people to help... try posting more thoroughly the stats, or spot the kind of hands/spots you lose the most and post the hands on the hand evaluation section...

(my 2c)
    • ShaQQ
      ShaQQ
      Bronze
      Focus on reverse implied odds, pot control lines, playing appropriately vs all opponents (going to showdown vs eejits cheaply value betting rivers often, folding if being barreled against by someone who has TPWK crushed, same applies if you're in position vs same opponent, b/f is usually best or checking behind etc). As said it's kinda a vague problem, 6k is also a small sample but can't go wrong with the above really. GL!
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Originally posted by luizsilveira
      "top pair weak kicker or worse with weak/no draw."

Stop playing junk hands.

No, seriously... I think this is not enough information for people to help... try posting more thoroughly the stats, or spot the kind of hands/spots you lose the most and post the hands on the hand evaluation section...

(my 2c)
      I don't play junk hands. Heck, I even fold A9o in any spot except SB, and then I play it only when no one has called.

There are many different stats I could post. Are there any you think would be particularly helpful?
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Originally posted by ShaQQ
      Focus on reverse implied odds, pot control lines, playing appropriately vs all opponents (going to showdown vs eejits cheaply value betting rivers often, folding if being barreled against by someone who has TPWK crushed, same applies if you're in position vs same opponent, b/f is usually best or checking behind etc). As said it's kinda a vague problem, 6k is also a small sample but can't go wrong with the above really. GL!
      I don't know what reverse implied odds and TPWK are. Maybe that's part of the problem. Still, thanks for your input.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Originally posted by ShaQQ
      I don't know what reverse implied odds and TPWK are. Maybe that's part of the problem. Still, thanks for your input.
      Revers implied mean you lose the pot because of your weak kicker. For example you open TJs and flop TPTK and the other guy has you dominated with AT KT QT AJ KJ QJ.
    • sapheal
      sapheal
      Global
      After about 6K hands, according to HEM, nearly 90% of my losses come from this category: "top pair weak kicker or worse with weak/no draw."

I looked at the hands list in HEM and it doesn't make sense to me. In many of the hands listed, I saw the flop and didn't make a pair at all. Very often I folded to a Cbet because I had junk.

Perhaps someone could help me out with what this particular category is referring to, and what the standard leak plugs for it are.
      belayd :s_thumbsup: ,

The problem is that you often don't notice that you lose small/medium pots- ie. that you lose more than you should. Yes, this thing is often connected with - what others noticed- reverse implied odds. You might be playing weak hands that might be dominated and you cannot fold your hand even though you're very unlikely to beat many hands from villain's betting range. You might be overplaying TPWK or worse by just overestimating their strength.

Still, 6k is not a good enough sample size to talk about it.

I'd suggest that you post a couple of your hands in the feedback forum thread.

Cheers,
      Michal
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      And wouldn't it be a problem? Why are you seeing a flop with junk to give the hand up easily?

imo you can't play fit or fold, i.e., hit a pair or let go your hand.

What are your VPIP and PFR?