• matusko
      I play 6max NL25/NL50
      My question is-might it be good to flat QQ against UTG when I know UTG is a good solid player? because if I 3bet it looks very strong because his range should be also strong. I think he will call me with JJ,QQ,AK when I 3bet and he will 4bet KK,AA(or might flat to trap).
      Isnt it better to just flat to keep his range wider and to disguise my hand? Since he is not calling much worse hands-I am fliping against AK and im ahead of JJ but It dont think he is going to go crazy with jacks even on a low flop since my 3bet represents QQ+,AK. So do you think there is more value in calling?

Against fish Im isolating + 3b for value ofc

+when I flat and have some squeezer behind me I can backraise AI
  • 3 replies
    • sapheal
      matusko :) ,

It is a good idea to do it. Against some players with tight UTG PFR your 3bet isolates you against KK+ only. As you mentioned, you're keeping villain's range wide (as for UTG PFR).

• MatejM47
      I generally flat my whole range against UTG regs on those limits. I see a lot of them flat QQ and AK so their value 4-bet range has to be KK+ and some bluffs and they just don't 4-bet bluff enough in those positions to make shoving AK and QQ profitable.

You also get squeezed behind some % of the time and then you can just come over the top and playing QQ and AK ip vs regs is way more +EV then getting it in pre.
    • getdotacom
      I depends on your 3bet percentage and villains fold to 3bet. If You 3bet bluff a lot against utg You have to 3bet/get in AK,QQ. For me AK,QQ is auto 3bet/5bet unless villain is nit.