[NL2-NL10] AA vs Trips - NL5

• GraveGoods
      GraveGoods
      Bronze
      I suspected I was beat when he opened the betting on the flop after just calling pre flop, it wasn't normal for him. However, I just couldn't give up the rockets, hoping to see KK or QQ in his hand.

Would you be getting away from this? Is this just unlucky?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $6.48
      MP2:
      $11.47
      Hero:
      $5

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:diamond: , A:club:
      MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.25, 3 folds, BB calls $0.20, MP2 folds.

Flop: ($0.57) T:diamond: , 9:club: , 2:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.45, Hero raises to $1.35, BB raises to $2.90, Hero raises to $4.75 (All-In), BB calls $1.85.

Turn: ($10.07) 8:club:
      River: ($10.07) 4:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.07

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Ad Ac)
      BB shows three-of-a-kind, nines (9h 9s)

BB wins with three-of-a-kind, nines (9h 9s)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello GraveGoods,

Nah, I don't think that we will see there KK/QQ that often. But while he is that kind of aggressive player then I would likely expect him to play his draw type of hands as well this way and of course even Tx then raising ain't like a very big mistake. But the question then is what to do with our hand, I guess I would be likely going broke as well and which ain't even that big mistake against that kind of aggressive player.

Obviously it would be as well possible to like Call it and reevaluate it on further streets as well but we want really to protect such a board and not really give away free cards.

Although yes, usually such a 3bet-min-raise is usually a very strong line, rather a made hand. You could likely take a note on him for next time.

Best regards.