Cash game tickets

• Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Silver
      Anybody know how this cash game tickets work? I don't quite understand it. I play NL10 so if I buy $10 ticket I can buy in with it on one table. But what's going on with that ticket when I lose $1, or lose that whole stack or double up? What does it means that I unlock it when collect 250 points? Is it on that particular table without losing that particular stack or what?
  • 26 replies
    • jeangab123
      jeangab123
      Bronze
      You can buy in in as many table as you want for your total tickets value, e.g if you have a 10$ ticket you can buy in at 2 tables with 5$ on each one, or one table with 10$, etc. etc.

All the profit goes straight in your actual bank roll and the ticket's value remain the same. Once you've made 250 FTPs ON THESE TABLES (in multiple session if you feel like it), the ticket is merged with your bank roll. If you made profit all the way, it means they'll add 10$ to your cashier.

Now, if you lose money on these tables, your ticket's value goes down accordingl,y until it reaches 5% of its intial value (50 cents), at which point the ticket expire and the 50 cents are merged with your bankroll.

If your tickets is worth, say, 7.24$ by the time you get 250 points, that amount is added to your cashier and the ticket expire.

I hope its clear :D
      You can find the full article here.
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Silver
      That's how I understood it as well. But it looks to me too good. I don't see any point in buying bonuses any more. As this is practicly the bonus, the only difference is you don't have to risk your own mony to unlock that bonus, you're unlocking it with the bonus itself, and if you lose it you don't ever have to unlock it :P
    • antstruk
      antstruk
      Bronze
      How is rb affected?
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      It actually looks like a bonus. :) Does anybody know how long do you have to earn points required to release the ticket (i know for 200$ ticket you need 5000 points, but is there a time limit?).
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TiciBoy
      It actually looks like a bonus. :) Does anybody know how long do you have to earn points required to release the ticket (i know for 200$ ticket you need 5000 points, but is there a time limit?).
      there is no time limit but if you don't use a ticket for 7 days it expires

Regards
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by antstruk
      How is rb affected?
      Hi

here is the response from FullTilt support regarding rakeback:

Purchasing a Ring Game Ticket with FTPs will count towards deduction in rakeback payment as FTPs usage.

However, if you buy the ticket from the Iron Man Store, this will not affect your rakeback payment as you will not be using your FTPs.

Regards
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Silver
      The only bed thing is you can't rebuy to max once your ticket has less value then your BI (<100BB), and you have not collected enough points to unlock it's value, so don't buy tickets which are equal to your BI as I did (couldn't wait next month to get more medals :f_mad: )
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jeangab123
      You can buy in in as many table as you want for your total tickets value, e.g if you have a 10$ ticket you can buy in at 2 tables with 5$ on each one, or one table with 10$, etc. etc.
      This is incorrect. You can only use a ticket on a single table. In addition you can only reload at that table from the ticket, so if you want to maintain a 100bb stack you will need to buy a ticket bigger than the limit that you play.
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Silver
      Tnx, that's what I wasn't sure of as well. And I don't need any more surprises :P
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      I bought a $10 one to play around with, but from what I can tell they are mostly for fish.
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      there is no time limit but if you don't use a ticket for 7 days it expires

Regards
      thnx. will have to calculate if it is better for your rakeback to buy tickets or bonuses. :) Or did anyone else did it already? :D
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      Originally posted by jeangab123
      This is incorrect. You can only use a ticket on a single table. In addition you can only reload at that table from the ticket, so if you want to maintain a 100bb stack you will need to buy a ticket bigger than the limit that you play.
      Too bad...It would be better if you could use it on more tables.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      thnx. will have to calculate if it is better for your rakeback to buy tickets or bonuses. :) Or did anyone else did it already? :D
      Massive discussion on 2+2 about that.
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      From what iv read its much better to buy bonuses.

These tickets are for non-black card members and mainly to entertain fish id say. Still not a bad idea, everything for the fish.. FT knows how to do it =)
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      More over the fish rather than spending their ftp on a tshirt they are now putting them back in the pool :) more money for us :) .

However if they tweak a bit the buyin and the clearance of the tickets they could become interesting I think.
    • arisko
      arisko
      Bronze
      So this is deinately not good for us grinders? not even if we're non black-card members?

and if it's not, is it still good if bought with ironman or is medal bonus still better than this?
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by arisko
      So this is deinately not good for us grinders? not even if we're non black-card members?

and if it's not, is it still good if bought with ironman or is medal bonus still better than this?
      They are good since fish buy them to put the money back in the pool up for grab :) . Also they can add some buy-ins to your bank roll although the rate is not great. As for buying them it seem more interesting to buy them with ironman medal since there is no rakeback hit, it becomes cheaper than the ironman bonus.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      I bought a $10 ticket for NL2. Having 5BI on a ticket is pretty cool because you can lose a few buy-ins and it doesn't change your bankroll. I hope I can afford a $200 ticket when I want to start taking shots at NL50.

However, it's not really useful above NL50. If you drop below the value of the ticket you can no longer buy in for 100bb. So you either have to play with a less than 100bb stack until you fill the ticket back up or you have to move down stakes.

So for the micros and nanos its fine. Otherwise you are better off with the regular bonuses. Tournament tickets are still the best value though so if you enjoy playing the occasional tournament they are still the value winner.
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Silver
      Originally posted by thazar

They are good since fish buy them to put the money back in the pool up for grab :) . Also they can add some buy-ins to your bank roll although the rate is not great. As for buying them it seem more interesting to buy them with ironman medal since there is no rakeback hit, it becomes cheaper than the ironman bonus.
      I can't see what are you talking about? The rate is $0,04 / 1 point, just like any other bonus, and about the rakeback, same roules applys if you're spending points on bonus or on ticket. Bottom line is while someone is not Black card member I don't see any better way of spending points. And even if you are Black card member and can buy bonus for points, only situation when bonus is superior is when you lose your ticket before you unlocked it. But if that doesn't occure, there's really no difference between bonus and ticket.