BTN: $8.06
      SB: $4.17
      Hero (BB): $4.43
      UTG: $4.53
      MP: $4.77
      CO: $4.91

SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero has K:heart: K:club:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.16, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.48, CO calls $0.32

Flop: ($0.98, 2 players) 6:diamond: J:club: A:spade:
      Hero bets $0.60, CO calls $0.60

Turn: ($2.18, 2 players) 5:spade:
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($2.18, 2 players) 4:diamond:
      Hero bets $1.00

OTF: I'm adopting this cbet as standard even/especially when the A comes because I'm impressed how many people fold; but if they do call the cbet then I'm usually done with the hand.

OTR: my reasoning was: if he had the ace, wouldn't he bet the turn to protect vs. the spade flush?

Then I thought, either check/call (depending on bet size) or blockbet/fold.

After the check behind on turn I was putting him on QQ, TT, maybe 99. So I was quite betting for value.

But I think he would check behind river not only those hands (I lose value) but all weak aces. The question is: how many weak aces could he be playing? AJ beats me, for one.

Bottom line is: what to do in the river? How awful was the blocking bet? How awful would be check calling? It's an awful spot anyways it seems.

obs: I'm not considering a fold unless to a raise. But I'm so lost and losing so much today (especially with KK) I might be missing an easy fold.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello luizsilveira,

I would be more often inclined to Block-Bet/Fold as well the river rather than Check/Call. If I would Check there then likely even Check/Fold unless the bet is really small which gives us great odds.

Although would be as well just possible when the opponent is rather passive then you can easily just Check the river since he wont bet anyways with worse.

Best regards.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello luizsilveira,

I would be more often inclined to Block-Bet/Fold as well the river rather than Check/Call. If I would Check there then likely even Check/Fold unless the bet is really small which gives us great odds.

Although would be as well just possible when the opponent is rather passive then you can easily just Check the river since he wont bet anyways with worse.

Best regards.
      Oh! So it appears I do have one hand I didn't screw up today :D

What do you think of the cbet? Is it profitable OOP?

Is it imaginable a check/raise on a 3bet pot on this spot?

Cheers, great help :f_love:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      What do you think of the cbet? Is it profitable OOP?

We are CBetting it that we still might have the best hand and don't want him to like bluff-bet against us and try to take down the pot. And maybe even get value from some hands.

Is it imaginable a check/raise on a 3bet pot on this spot?

Nope, Check/Raise doesn't make sense at all. He will continue hands which we don't beat and he will just fold hands those what we beat. :D Rather just CBet.