This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Conti-bet

    • Watto77
      Watto77
      Bronze
      Joined: 17.12.2007 Posts: 206
      As a bronze level SSS player, should I conti-bet in this situation?

      I was of the belief that as of the flop I have a trash hand and therefore should c/f

      Poker Stars
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
      9 players
      Converter

      Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is BB with A Q
      UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, 3 folds, Button calls, SB folds, SB folds, Hero raises to $1.5, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, Button folds.

      Flop: 3 7 8 ($3.6, 2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $0.5, Hero folds.
      Uncalled bets: $0.5 returned to MP1.

      Results:
      Final pot: $3.6
  • 3 replies
    • mikeymoo
      mikeymoo
      Bronze
      Joined: 17.11.2007 Posts: 80
      Not if you're the preflop raiser, I'm quite sure.

      If you're heads up on the flop, you always bet/fold with trash.

      If you're in a multi-way pot, check/fold is correct.
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Joined: 06.11.2007 Posts: 656
      If your stack is less or equal to the pot i would in your situation go all-in (you are heads-up), your equity is pretty high in other situation more players in the flop i would make a c-bet 2/3 of the pot and if re-raised i would fold.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.05.2007 Posts: 2,939
      1) please post your stack size

      2) as a bronze (or any) SS player you should push (assuming your initial stack was 20BB=5$), because the strategy says:

      If your stack is smaller than or even pot size, you go all-in instantly.

      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/215/2/#h2_2

      The logic behind:

      1) you always MUST cbet first in ! no matter what you have !
      The abstract explanation of cbet EV you can find here, just to have an idea:
      Theoretical question on SSS.

      2) since your stack even pot size, you are getting 2:1 pot odds to call, meaning that you need to win in 33% of the time.

      We assume that opponent folds in 60% of the time and calls in the remaining 40% with a range 55-99, 33, AQs-AJs, A8s-A7s, T9s, AQo-AJo, A8o-A7o, T9o (we have 35% equity against it + FOLD EQUITY)

      EV = 0.6*3,6$ + 0.4*(0.35*(3.6$ (pot) + 3.5$ (called bet)) - 0.65*(3.5)) = 2.1 + 0.4*(2.5 - 2.2)= +2.22$

      clearly + EV