[NL2-NL10] 2Nl 88 Sh

• philhellmutt
      I could have c-betted this flop, but before this hand I'd been c-betting every flop heads up, so I played this hand differently... both players were very loose (especially the CO), so didn't think I'd take this pot.... just wanted a cheap showdown this time , especially after the K on the turn....

I'd been playing TAG - 16/12/AF - inf, so maybe should have used this to my advantage here.... assuming they take any notice of opponents... :D

The CO's overbet on the river seemed suspicious though given the 2 previous streets... are you ever calling this?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($3.76) - 53/15/AF 10 (34 hands)
      BB ($2.19)
      UTG ($1.27)
      Hero ($2.23)
      CO ($2.53) - 85/35/AF 1.6 (34 hands)
      BTN ($1.68)

Dealt to Hero 8:diamond: 8:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.08, CO calls $0.08, fold, SB calls $0.07, fold

FLOP ($0.26) 7:diamond: J:diamond: 7:spade:

SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks

TURN ($0.26) 7:diamond: J:diamond: 7:spade: K:club:

SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks

RIVER ($0.26) 7:diamond: J:diamond: 7:spade: K:club: 4:club:

SB checks, Hero checks, CO bets $0.42, SB folds, Hero folds

CO wins $0.24
  • 2 replies
    • kevvu
      Hey philhellmutt,
      I think it looks good as played. You cant use your TAG style as advantage against loose bad players, cause they most likely do not even look, what is happening in the table. Against regulars, you can expect that they know that you are TAG.
      About that overbet, i will never call it unless i have some kind read, that he bluffs this way.
    • veriz
      Hello philhellmutt,

While being PFA you can as well CBet such a board since not that many hands have hit there anyways. And of course just Checking behind ain't wrong either and giving it up while we are against those stations.

Best regards.