$51.30
      SB:
      $50.00
      BB:
      $51.10
      MP2 (Hero):
      $74.85

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with X, X.
      Hero raises to $1.75, MP3 calls $1.75, CO folds, BU calls $1.75, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($6) 4, 3, 3 (3 players)
      Hero bets $3.00, MP3 calls $3.00, BU folds.

Turn: ($12) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $8.00, MP3 raises to $18.50, Hero calls $10.50.

River: ($49) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $135.60(All-In), Hero calls $51.60.

Villain's stats:

Here is another hand on somewhat paired board.
      Q: What do you think my range should be here?
      We will go from there. Btw, I personally don't mind having TT+ here,
      as he could be doing something stupid with lets say AK-AJ, KQ or smthg.
  • 5 replies
    • dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      Ok, my thinking process.

1. Let`s try to put villain on a range. Might be close to this:
      JJ-66,AKo-AJo,KQo,AQs-A9s,KQs-KJs,QJs,JTs. Maybe sometimes QQ, AKs, 55-22.

Flop:
      Hero is OOP 3way. C-bet with air(2 overs)is OK, but we must remember, that PP`s wont fold. In this case we can 2-barrel turn, if picture card comes. On the other hand, OPP might float flop with 2 overs.

Obviously Hero also will bet an overpair on the flop. Also, what about ck/raise line with overpair?

Turn: I doubt, that hero would 2-barrel with 2 overs on this turn, so I put him on 66-AA basically. Villain, on the other hand is either full of it with AK, AQ type of hand or badly played pocketpair. I don`t see him just calling the flop with, say 77. Makes sence with slowplayed AA, KK though.

Question to HERO: what`s your plan on the river, when you call the turn? I assume, you have at least 88+ on the turn.

For me TT would be a borderline call - we beat 66, 77, 88, 99 and AK, AQ, KQ type bluffs.

:f_biggrin:
    • Anger86
      Anger86
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dienaszaglis
      Ok, my thinking process.

1. Let`s try to put villain on a range. Might be close to this:
      JJ-66,AKo-AJo,KQo,AQs-A9s,KQs-KJs,QJs,JTs. Maybe sometimes QQ, AKs, 55-22.
      I think it's close, but I would cut out hands like KJs, QJs, JTs and also A9s-AJs,
      but who knows it he is thinking about being dominated at all.

Flop:
      Hero is OOP 3way. C-bet with air(2 overs)is OK, but we must remember, that PP`s wont fold. In this case we can 2-barrel turn, if picture card comes. On the other hand, OPP might float flop with 2 overs.
      Agree.

Obviously Hero also will bet an overpair on the flop. Also, what about ck/raise line with overpair?
      I think you might have a better play here,
      because he will float those hands.

Turn: I doubt, that hero would 2-barrel with 2 overs on this turn, so I put him on 66-AA basically. Villain, on the other hand is either full of it with AK, AQ type of hand or badly played pocketpair. I don`t see him just calling the flop with, say 77. Makes sence with slowplayed AA, KK though.
      Yes. It looked to me too, that he could have a lot of air and some slowplayed monsters.
      Althoutg, I don't see too many players playings hands this way (I mean calling premiums pre-flop).
      When I think about my range in this scenario (In Villain's shoes).
      I would often shove AA-QQ here, if I though, that I can induce something.
      But, most often I would call down with hands like these,
      because I want to allow Villain to 3barrel.

Question to HERO: what`s your plan on the river, when you call the turn? I assume, you have at least 88+ on the turn.
      Well. I think, it is definitely TT+, simply because of the fact,
      that a lot of value hands doesn't make sense to me:
      1. Villain can bluffcatch as he is in position;
      2. There is a good chance he will 3bet QQ+;
      3. There is a good chance that I have worse hand, so why should he
      ever raise w/ TT or JJ. The only reason I'm thinking about,
      if he would raise AI on the T to get my Ax hands suspicious.

For me TT would be a borderline call - we beat 66, 77, 88, 99 and AK, AQ, KQ type bluffs.

:f_biggrin:
      Thanks for reply!
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Q: What do you think my range should be here?
      personally your situation sucks, since he is reping that spot with 4x/33 and sometimes slowplayed overpairs KK/AA
      He shouldn´t do that with 55+, so basically any Ax hand that would beat 56, A2, A5 should be enough to call him down, but since you´re only splitting with Ax hands you should have mostly there pp-s 55+
      but since you can´t call him down every time if you have there pp-s I like calling down with TT+ and folding weaker pp-s
    • Anger86
      Anger86
      Bronze
      I agree with calling down with TT+.

My actual hand was TT. Villain shoved down AQo.

Q: How would you plan your next action, based on this shovedown?
      - I think, I would start to call down the same hands on some low flops like:

- 237r,3,x;
      - 372r,5,x.

Q: Is there anything else we can do to plan our action vs. this Villain?
      - Maybe we can try to missrepresent strong hands by checking to induce something from him,
      although looks like on the R he never bluffs,
      when I look at the stats. It's so weird, when stats say the opposite from the action.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Anger86
      I agree with calling down with TT+.

My actual hand was TT. Villain shoved down AQo.

Q: How would you plan your next action, based on this shovedown?
      - I think, I would start to call down the same hands on some low flops like:

- 237r,3,x;
      - 372r,5,x.

Q: Is there anything else we can do to plan our action vs. this Villain?
      - Maybe we can try to missrepresent strong hands by checking to induce something from him,
      although looks like on the R he never bluffs,
      when I look at the stats. It's so weird, when stats say the opposite from the action.
      I think next 20 or even 50 hands he would not try anything spewy, since he thinks you´re calling station and would not try to bluff you.
      So play straight forward and if he seems to again start making moves then again go for thin calldowns. Also you can sometimes c/r him with bluffs since I think he would not try to play back to you, but rather would even give too much credit. Ofcourse if he goes to massive tilt then tighten up, wait for hands and stack him over and over