$35.60
      BU:
      $38.99
      SB:
      $56.86
      BB (Hero):
      $25.95

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5, A.
      4 folds, SB raises to $0.50, Hero raises to $1.75, SB calls $1.25.

Flop: ($3.5) 7, 6, 5 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.25, SB calls $2.25.

Turn: ($8) A (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $4.75, SB calls $4.75.

River: ($17.5) 4 (2 players)
      SB bets $7.00, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $17.5.

I dont think I can call I will see something like 78 or 88 almost always...
      Like if he donks more I might be willing to call but this is just never a bluff
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      While this might never be a bluff it could be a hand like AQ/AJ/AT that does not want to be forced to call a big bet.

Do we know anything else about the villain?

Given that he min raises preflop and your 3-bet isn't exceptionally big I can see him having a ton of hands there (Ax particularly).
    • matusko
      matusko
      Coach
      Coach
      hi,
      Would you 3bet bigger preflop? 4x?
      He might have Ax and be blockerbetting thats true. But not sure if the call will be profitable, I think most of the time he is valuedonking his str8. I dont really think he would float the flop oop just with an ace-if he had a pair on the flop with his ace he has a better 2 pair know.

about him I didnt have much info seemed tight preflop but was stealing 2/2 from sb so I thought this might be a good spot to 3bet since my hand is too weak to call and I have a blocker.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      BvB people usually play looser than normal. So given we don't have much info on him I wouldn't be surprised to see AT-AQ especially if he has a backdoor. A9 for a gutshot could be true as well. A4 for worse 2p is possible too.

Given he only min raised preflop your 3bet size is fine but we have to keep in mind that the SPR is still big given the initial small reraise. If you knew he bets small to call 3-bets I'd make it bigger like a normal 3-bet would look (ie: he opens to 1 and I make it 3).

As far as the call goes, you need 22% pot odds, or 1 in 5 roughly to be correct.

Let's say he has A8s (3 combos), 8Ts (4 combos), 78s (3 combos) and that adds up to 10 combos of straights (8T and 78 might even be unlikely since he calls a 3-bet oop). Add 88 for 6 combos and we got to 16 combos.

If he has lets say 5 combos of weaker hands betting there (worse value/bluffs) your call is breakeven/slightly ev (5/21 ~24%).

Reduce the number of straights (remove 8T and some 78) and you drop to only 2-4 combos weaker than you required.