Fl 0.02/0.04

• Bogdan1190
      Bogdan1190
      Bronze
      Is Fl4 beateble on party poker did anyone tried it ?

im down 150 BB that is half of my bankroll im losing with every good starting hand.
      in 1700 hands my AKs and AKo is negative also my QQ KK QJo QJs and aproximatly 70% of my brodways ar down.

im using PT3 and iv benn delt 30 flushes til now and with this made hand im also on the negative side.

and its only Q+ high flush against the A high or full house or the hand of the day today flush VS quads. im not playing small flushes.

what is standard variance from FL becose im down half of my roll playing 4-6 tables Full ring and i have in my account like 200BB.

im afraid of bankrupcy and now im thinking to play 2-3 tables only to reduce the variance or at least the speed of my lossing streak.
  • 16 replies
    • cataah
      cataah
      Bronze
      i'm down 400BB in last 6khands at 0.5/1 HU and SH and a little bit of 1/2 SH

i don't know about 0.02/0.04 but swings of 100-150BB are standard. Swings of 200-250BB hapens a lot too.

it is a good ideea to reduce the number of tables and focus more on your game.
    • terpesheva
      terpesheva
      Bronze
      You are either rather unlucky (though as I have recently found out - 150 BB swing is not uncommon) or you have huge leaks or both.
      Most likely you are on tilt + unlucky + you have leaks.

a) Take a break! Have a kitkat! Come back with god mood and high hopes!
      b) Reduce your number of tables until you start winning again.
      c) Do you review your hands? I would imagine that a regular 6-table session would last at least 500-1k hands. Do you have enough time to review all these?

Good luck!
    • Helipacter
      Helipacter
      Bronze
      Like the other's said, reduce the amount of tables, post hands in the hand eval forums and read the strategy articles.

Additionally, use the "take notes" facility that Party has (next to the "chat" tab on your table). If you make notes and colour code each person according to their type, you can make better selections in the future, as it's easier when you know who you're playing against.

I feel your pain though. Losing premium hands regularly is awful (and they all tend to happen during the same set of sessions)!

Best of luck!
    • Bogdan1190
      Bogdan1190
      Bronze
      thx guys for replyes i will reduce the number of tables and i usualy review the big hands

i mean the big pots in witch i either lose or win.

i think i overplay overcards to much but it hapens alot to be suck out and my play is correct with over cards when i know his cards i would have played it the same.

like AK bet flop check turn unimproved and villan donk the river i usualy call and see that he hit his deuce or whatever.

anyway il play tomorow less tables and the take notes thing i will use that forgot about that. and ill give you guys an update. :)
    • Bogdan1190
      Bogdan1190
      Bronze
      @cataah

swings of 250BB is something normal ? when you start with 300BB what then ? if this is true shoud'nt the bankroll requierments be bigger ? like for the SH 500BB ? becouse if i lose another 100BB i ramain with like 4 bucks and il play badly when i know that buncrupcy is one stap away and it also on scared money in a sens.
    • terpesheva
      terpesheva
      Bronze
      Bogdan, agressive BRM for SH is 500BB. I think it's 800 for HU.
      I've just swung 150BB up and 100 BB down in 2 days playing a bit of HU (just giving it a try, not playing it seriously), so it's a roller coaster.

FR is different because you are playing only premium hands.
      But from my experience, I suggest you start from reviewing your preflop. If you don't review your game regularly, it seems to drift away and you find yourself betting with such weak hands that you're more likely to win by betting on a 3-legged horse.

Once you make sure your preflop is sound, start seeking leaks in postflop.

But remember that poker is gambling. Variance is part of it and you just have to face it and fight it.
    • cataah
      cataah
      Bronze
      well at 0.01/0.02 where players are really really bad, swings should be less intense (i don't know what word to use here - hope you get the ideea of what I want to say)

So if you lose 250 BB at 0.01/0.02 then your game needs a lot of improvement. You can't really blame all on badluck.

EDIT: sorry if this sounds rude
    • Bogdan1190
      Bogdan1190
      Bronze
      @cataah

don't worry thx for advice i agree with you. i dont blame it all on the variance and bad luck surely i have some leaks. thx for posting il give you an update after my sesion :)
    • Damlqv
      Damlqv
      Bronze
      im playing FL as well. think I heard from Terrorblade at a choaching session that 0,05/0,10 and lower FL on partypoker is a dead end, the rake is too high. Not 100% sure thou, but if you can replace your BR maybe try out the 0,1/0,2 FL with 25-30$.
    • Bogdan1190
      Bogdan1190
      Bronze
      @ Damlqv i dont know what to say. i hope i can beat this limit i read somere in a forum that is beatable.

Update* Brake even sesion after 78 hands 2 tables :D that is a great result
    • terpesheva
      terpesheva
      Bronze
      I also think that micro-micro limits are rather hard to beat, especially when your game is rather weak, and it's hard to improve because you cannot really do anything apart from playing premium hands.
    • Bogdan1190
      Bogdan1190
      Bronze
      well i hope i get lucky and beat the FL4 limit and move up. im up a dollar now.. but overral im -175 BB.
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      Originally posted by terpesheva
      I also think that micro-micro limits are rather hard to beat, especially when your game is rather weak, and it's hard to improve because you cannot really do anything apart from playing premium hands.
      why are you restricted to playing premium hands
    • terpesheva
      terpesheva
      Bronze
      Nobody respects a raise so you end up with a lot of hands in family pots that just don't have enough equity to continue playing, considering you fold equity is approaching zero=)
      You cannot isolate a fish because you will get half the table cold calling your raise.

That's my humble opinion though.
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      Don't bluff. Valuebet, valuebet and valuebet.
    • Bogdan1190
      Bogdan1190
      Bronze
      up 50BB "Valubet valubet valubet"