$16.53
      MP2:
      $11.21
      MP3 (Hero):
      $15.71
      CO:
      $13.33

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9, 9.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, CO folds, BU raises to $1.20, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.80.

Flop: ($2.55) 4, T, 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($2.55) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.55.
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

Preflop: Just fold it preflop without information on the opponent. I don't really like the Call against unknown.

As played
      Postflop: Seems to be fine, not much you can do. Often times when he Checks behind on such a board it means that he is likely giving up and has worse hand than you. You might even get value from some Ax type of hand which could Call for the GS.

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello acceleration123,

Preflop: Just fold it preflop without information on the opponent. I don't really like the Call against unknown.

Best regards.
      Okay, not calling 3bets with small PPs is the right way to go ok ? :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      Hello acceleration123,

Best regards.
      Usually the problem is that we can't set-mine with correct implied odds and as well when we have an overpair we might put ourselves into difficult spots and could do a lot of mistakes. If you had some reason for a Call then mention it. :D
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Hello acceleration123,

Best regards.
      Usually the problem is that we can't set-mine with correct implied odds and as well when we have an overpair we might put ourselves into difficult spots and could do a lot of mistakes. If you had some reason for a Call then mention it. :D
      Not really, I used to think like - hm, 99 also has some value as an overpair. But you are right that it could become difficult to get away from it and that could cost me a lot. Probably was a leak.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

Best regards.
      Not really, I used to think like - hm, 99 also has some value as an overpair. But you are right that it could become difficult to get away from it and that could cost me a lot. Probably was a leak.
      At some spots definitely you can think like that but not against unknown opponents.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Hello acceleration123,

Best regards.
      At some spots definitely you can think like that but not against unknown opponents.
      And likely with position since it always sucks OOP :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      And likely with position since it always sucks OOP

Definitely, having position is like winning the hand preflop. :D