I miss rakeback

• boxface
      boxface
      Bronze
      Played on other sites before and always looked forward to that nice little bonus of rakeback or some other bonus scheme to work towards.
      I got the great $50 from pokerstrategy and put it on williamhill but I have to say I do kind of miss getting that little bit back each week.

Having to earn 3750 points to get $2.50 back seems pretty close to pointless.

Are there any other little bonuses that this site gives to make up for this?
  • 7 replies
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey,

On William Hill we are not allowed to offer rakeback. You accumulate points which you can exchange in cash.

However we have an attractive First Deposit Bonus on William Hill. You will receive 100% of your deposit as an additional bonus, up to a maximum bonus amount of $600. For every 350 WH Points you will release $5 of the bonus.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards
      Hannes
    • boxface
      boxface
      Bronze
      Yeah thanks for the reply Hannes, I had seen the bonus scheme but was just wondering if there was any other little bonuses I had missed as the bonuses offered dont really seem competitive with others sites.
      I have seen the $1000 dollar freerolls if you have over 500 points. How often do these run?

Other than the lack of bonuses I am pretty happy with the site and the support.

Cheers
    • alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      No wonder it seemed like I was receiving no rakeback at this site. I was about to ask PS support about it .. I guess this answers it. Yeah, no rakebake sucks big time. And the "rakeback" equivalent, exchanging, WH points for $5 is not competitive at all with anything other sites offer. What are they giving back, like 10% back? For base players at least this is insuffient, they have the same program as Partypoker where higher stakes players get MUCH more back .. but at least in Partypoker getting $100 bonus back is at least doable for microstakes players here micros players get nothing.
    • boxface
      boxface
      Bronze
      So then first month down playing the micros here, so far I have raked $40 through 15000 hands and I still dont even have half the points needed to buy my first cash reward of $2.50.

When my star level increases at the end of the month how much difference does it make to the rate you can accumulate points?
    • martoman2k10
      martoman2k10
      Bronze
      As an example, I'll use my account - I'm expecting to accumulate 5000 Whill points this month. This is the requirement for their level 4.

I'm a tournament player, so I get 30 WHP per $1 raked.

5000/30*5(I play the 1.20s, so 5 to get a dollar raked) = 833 games a month.

Also, 5000/30 = $166.66, the amount we've raked.

With the point booster on this level(350%) this = 3.5*5000+5000 = 22500 points. I'm going to assume that I hit a bit more than the 5000 WHP, to be on the safe side and that'll take me to 24000 WHP for the month.

With those points I can get the $20 cash bonus. 20/166.66*100 = 12% rakeback.

But, do remember that this bonus is INSTANT and you dont need to clear it like other sites. Plus, The higher you move up - the more the points accumulate etc. You get a freeroll and a reward of the month tournament as well. I usually don't play these as I'm not good at MTTs.

All in all, I do miss my rakeback - I'm only playing on WH for StrategyPoints and for the rakechase things. I am planning on playing elsewhere for better traffic on SnG's.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      For micro players straight up rakeback is always going to be better than VIP systems.
    • Pnnkaznk
      Pnnkaznk
      Bronze
      I got 3rd starting capital there, and deposited 100e for first deposit bonus. Very bad bonus, % of rake you get back with this bonus is a LOT less than PS, FTP.

And softwere is realy bad, very slow, can't stack tables, hard to multitable, very hard to open new tables, tables keep timing out if you miss action on one of tables.

Only positive thing is a lot of bad players.