Taking maximum advantage of Iron Man with 27% rakeback

• DNAwithin
      DNAwithin
      Bronze
      Hey guys! I am trying to optimize my rakeback at FTP. I have the 27% bonus. I recently moved to FTP from PS. I mainly play 6max NL50 but I have some marginal experience with MTTs and SNGs and micro limits. I am trying to find the best way to spend my medals. The way I understand it, it is best to play the freeroll and spend your medals on the tournament tickets, as they are not deducted from your 27% rakeback, while the cash bonuses are. Am I right?
      However, I am not a big tournament player - it takes up too much time. Is there any way to trade these tournament tokens or are there any loose SNGs with a smallish field of players, where I can get good value for my token?
      Overall, what is the best way to take advantage of the Iron Man promotion as a cash player? I will normally qualify for Gold or Iron every month.
  • 6 replies
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Effective rakeback with ironman?
    • DNAwithin
      DNAwithin
      Bronze
      Hey thanks ragney. I had already read that post however. I am not interested in the half-year bonus but about spending medals. I would like to know what is the wisest way to spend medals for a cash game player with 27% RB.
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DNAwithin
      Hey thanks ragney. I had already read that post however. I am not interested in the half-year bonus but about spending medals. I would like to know what is the wisest way to spend medals for a cash game player with 27% RB.
      Sorry. I'm pretty sure the medal freeroll gets deducted from your MGR. So there is two ways left:
      1. Buy cash when you stop playing on ftp, so you leave ftp with a negative MGR
      2. Buy $26 tourny tickets as this does not get deducted from your MGR
    • DNAwithin
      DNAwithin
      Bronze
      Well, the amount deducted from the tournaments should not be all that much. Where can I get some information on these tickets? What I would like to know is how to turn them into REAL money. I suppose by playing and winning tournaments? The BIG question is, If I buy a $26 ticket does that mean that I can ONLY use it for a tournament with a $26 entry and not in, for example, 5 tournaments with $5 entry?
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DNAwithin
      If I buy a $26 ticket does that mean that I can ONLY use it for a tournament with a $26 entry and not in, for example, 5 tournaments with $5 entry?
      Yes. It is technically possible to use a $26 ticket to buy into a single $5 event though.

http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/tournament-tickets
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      The most effective way of using iron man is to buy FTP's and use them for the cash bonus' in the black card store. The basic level of BC is only 500 (I think) points per day over a 100 day average, something you might achieve at NL50, I know I did at NL50 FR.