[NL2-NL10] NL2 KK, A on flop in 4bet pot

• member001
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.85 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with K:diamond: , K:club:
      Hero raises to $0.06, 3 folds, MP3 raises to $0.14, 3 folds, BB calls $0.12, Hero raises to $0.60, MP3 calls $0.46, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.35) A:club: , 5:heart: , 5:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Turn: ($1.35) 7:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.22, Hero raises to $0.65, MP3 calls $0.43 (All-In).

River: ($2.65) K:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $2.65

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a full-house, kings full of fives (Kd Kc)
      MP3 shows (Qh Qd)

Hero wins with a full-house, kings full of fives (Kd Kc)

Preflop: I'm not sure now whether my 4bet may have been wrong. MP3 is fairly tight PFR 5 Agg 0.7 so his 3bet probably means he has QQ+,AK. Is this one of those situations where by 4betting I am just isolating myself against the top part of his range KK+ where I'm either splitting or dead? On the other hand, I wanted to 4bet to get rid of BB, in order not to play in multiway pot.

Flop: nasty flop, but villain's stack is only half the pot so I think I am going broke whatever. I choose check/call so that I get at least get the (small) benefit of allowing him to bet with worse. If he had shoved half the pot here, would it be correct to call?

Turn: after villain's check behind I guess he too has a scared high pp, and I think I'm ahead. All the money ends up in the middle which was inevitable anyway.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello member001,

Preflop: Nah, no way the 4bet is wrong there. I would rather consider either I am shipping directly preflop since his stack is only 50BB or I am just making the raise as you did. While you expect him to have a stronger range then I would just put him all-in directly here and raise to $1,25.
      Postflop: Not much to say, he may even pick such a line with a lot worse hands as well, by that I mean worse pairs. And he doesn't have much left anyways. You could as well just ship yourself even on turn, although Checking and shipping the river is fine as well.

Best regards.