[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR - KK on AAJ-A board. Yes, KK again.

• luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      I can't win with KK, no way.

PartyGaming - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 8 players

CO: $10.00
      BTN: $13.02
      Hero (SB): $10.00
      BB: $24.85
      UTG: $31.59
      UTG+1: $9.55
      MP: $9.31
      MP+1: $10.67

Hero posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has K:heart: K:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.30, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.25, fold

Flop: ($0.70, 2 players) A:spade: A:diamond: J:diamond:
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1.00, UTG calls $0.60

Turn: ($2.70, 2 players) A:club:
      Hero checks, UTG bets $5.40, fold

UTG wins $2.57

Now...

The villain over 40 hands (very small sample) was not playing so tight for FR (24/22/11) but positionally aware (St. Att. 33). That made me respect much more his UTG raise, and I made my 1st mistake: not 3et.

Well.

The this shitty flop. No one with an A would donkbet here I think, so I checked. I knew he would cbet anyway, so I went for the check-raise to "make sure" he had it. But then he called. I should be sure BUT...

The turn, another A? Makes less likely he had an A, right?

Now... a large overbet is either nuts or air. In these limits, I'm way more inclined for the nuts side.

I thought he might have had JJ (which would make sense in the story), which I beat, so I was really close to call.

But then I thought it might be just another donkey spewy call and let it go to way for a better spot. I had my stab in the flop and didn't take it.

I think on 6max I would have snap called - and now I don't even know if I'm not overestimating the differences between the two formats.

Am I too wrong?
  • 5 replies
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      The question includes: is it a better line to just check-call all the way from the flop to win/lose a small pot but at least let him bluff himself out at times?

And now I'm feeling a bit more idiot, because there he is raising UTG again. Which sends me to my signature.

On a site note, I think my flop raise should have been bigger anyways. At least 1.2, maybe 1.5, right?

Cheers,
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      I'll seriously consider to start folding KK pre as a rule.

PartyGaming - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 8 players

SB: $10.00
      BB: $7.41
      UTG: $16.98
      UTG+1: $6.92
      Hero (MP): $10.23
      MP+1: $11.77
      CO: $11.84
      BTN: $3.35

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has K:spade: K:club:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.60, Hero calls $0.60, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($1.35, 2 players) Q:diamond: 8:heart: 5:heart:
      UTG+1 bets $6.32 and is all-in, Hero punches his screen and breaks his mouse

I didn't 3bet pre, not only again for position of raiser, but because him being unknown to me the 6x puzzled me.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello luizsilveira,

Preflop: Definitely 3bet which such a strong hand for value.

As played
      Flop: You can as well donk yourself here as you played this way. Since with Check/Raise you might scare away some Jx type of hand. And yes I would likely do a bit bigger raise like you said, about that amount.
      Turn: Do you really think that he would shove here with the Ax? I would rather consider him playing it slowly and trying to trap you. Therefore more often I expect him to have here some kind of Jx type of hand or maybe even QQ. And I would Call, while only hand what beats us is Ax.

Best regards.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello luizsilveira,

As played
      Flop: You can as well donk yourself here as you played this way. Since with Check/Raise you might scare away some Jx type of hand. And yes I would likely do a bit bigger raise like you said, about that amount.
      Turn: Do you really think that he would shove here with the Ax? I would rather consider him playing it slowly and trying to trap you. Therefore more often I expect him to have here some kind of Jx type of hand or maybe even QQ. And I would Call, while only hand what beats us is Ax.

Best regards.
      Thanks.

I found the first one an interesting hand and yeah, I should've called.

About the second one, I had posted similars before, and people said it's an easy call at this stakes as many villains would play like that with top pair. Well, in this case I called and he shows the obvious 88.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by luizsilveira
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello luizsilveira,

As played

Best regards.
      Thanks.

I found the first one an interesting hand and yeah, I should've called.

About the second one, I had posted similars before, and people said it's an easy call at this stakes as many villains would play like that with top pair. Well, in this case I called and he shows the obvious 88.
      Never slowplay your high PPs. ;)