i'm i playing real people?

• SNes73
      SNes73
      Bronze
      i'm i playing real people?

the chat box on WH never gets used?

people always seam to sit their and do nothing all game apart from going all in with an ace or a flush draw pre flop

some players seam to fold at the same time every time about 3/4 seconds

so i was just asking
  • 28 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi SNes73,

Yes, you are playing against other real people.

A lot of players don't actually like to chat as it can distract your thinking. Others are possibly playing several different tables at the same time which of course requires even more concentration.
      You will occasionally find some players who like to chat. Some will purposely try to distract you or throw insults around so pick and choose who you chat too. You can always use the mute function if anyone is really annoying you ;)

Good luck & enjoy your poker on William Hill.

Best regards,

Bart
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Most people in order to increase their hourly play lots of tables like 12 and so on, they don't bother chatting because obviously while playing so many tables it's hard to do and distracts from the hands. As for folding at same time, multitablers have at least basic understanding of preflop/flop play so in most common situations it doesn't take very long to figure out what to do.

There are some cases of bots playing online, but poker rooms pay back the players who lost to them as soon as they find those bots. Anyway, even if you'd happen to find one bot at your table, there's nothing to be worried about since they can't beat winning human players, they will not be capable of playing full stacked either so if you are so worried about playing not vs real people just play 50bb minimum buy-in tables. :)
    • AleksandarPPA
      AleksandarPPA
      Bronze
      if u fear bots yea ... they exist !! they will take all your money!!! :f_eek: :f_eek: :f_eek: :f_eek: :f_eek:
      nah im just trolling or am i ? :s_grin:
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Most people in order to increase their hourly play lots of tables like 12 and so on, they don't bother chatting because obviously while playing so many tables it's hard to do and distracts from the hands. As for folding at same time, multitablers have at least basic understanding of preflop/flop play so in most common situations it doesn't take very long to figure out what to do.

There are some cases of bots playing online, but poker rooms pay back the players who lost to them as soon as they find those bots. Anyway, even if you'd happen to find one bot at your table, there's nothing to be worried about since they can't beat winning human players, they will not be capable of playing full stacked either so if you are so worried about playing not vs real people just play 50bb minimum buy-in tables. :)
      Is this you... Being HELPFUL!?

:D :D
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      10 hours of pokers today, too tired to troll. :f_biggrin:
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Wriggers
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS

Is this you... Being HELPFUL!?

:D :D
      I must admit I had to do a double take as wasn't sure. :D

Aww only joking NightFrosta, we :heart: all your posts, you know we do :f_love:

Great reply by the way.

Bart
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      :heart: :)
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SNes73
      people always seam to sit their and do nothing all game apart from going all in with an ace or a flush draw pre flop
      You mean you don't always go all-in with a flush draw pre-flop?
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      No you are not playing humans you are playing microstake grinders
    • SNes73
      SNes73
      Bronze
      i have google'd some name's that i have played lots of time's and on other website's it seems common knowledge that they are bot's one player had played 150 hours with out a break..

chat box is always full of anything but English i don't know if it's a law at WH
      but other poker sites it's English only plus does anyone mod the chat box?
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Uhm.. I lost couple of thousands of bucks today.. and uhm.. well ofc I wasn't following BRM and stuff, but uhm.. I kinda think I lost these money to bots, and uhm.. could I have all my moniez back?
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      Uhm.. I lost couple of thousands of bucks today.. and uhm.. well ofc I wasn't following BRM and stuff, but uhm.. I kinda think I lost these money to bots, and uhm.. could I have all my moniez back?
      In short: yes, no, probably and almost certainly not.
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SNes73
      i have google'd some name's that i have played lots of time's and on other website's it seems common knowledge that they are bot's one player had played 150 hours with out a break..

chat box is always full of anything but English i don't know if it's a law at WH
      but other poker sites it's English only plus does anyone mod the chat box?
      I'll never forget the first time that I got bored enough to google one of my nicknames and randomly wandered into some small poker forum where I, among some other players, was listed as a bot. Some people go to extreme lengths to justify their losses... As for the chatbox, you shouldn't even have it open to begin with.
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      When I play on WH I use a HUD, and display issues make it necessary for me to put the hand history display over top of the chat box, so I have chat turned off by default. That doesn't make me unfriendly, I just have to choose between using a HUD and chatting, so I make the obvious choice. :)

Perhaps some of the other players you're up against are in the same situation.

On Cake, where HUDs are prohibited, I _do_ glance at the chat box from time to time, but there's rarely much more there than "NH" and "TY."
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EagleStar88
      Yes, you are playing against other real people.
      I am afraid that is provably not true.

The iPoker network is bot friendly and there are many well-known bots on the network. Most of the ones I ran into are pretty bad though.
    • SNes73
      SNes73
      Bronze
      i dont mind playing bots but it would have been nice to be told before i signed up to wh
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Bronze
      you're playing exotic animals
    • SNes73
      SNes73
      Bronze
      2k in posts and that post was useful... so i take it we turn a blind eye to this then
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Bronze
      I already called the cops but it might be a while before they get here