Hi from Australia

• TeddyTaiwan
      TeddyTaiwan
      Silver
      Hi everyone,

I'm from Australia (not as my name suggests I know) Just got into online poker at the beginning of this year..

Looking forward to learning to play some solid poker and building a decent bankroll and see where poker takes me.

Just also wondering if anyone else on here grinds in Melbourne Australia?

Good luck at the tables

Cheers.
  • 13 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hello TeddyTaiwan,

Welcome to our community!

I am surprised nobody picked up your thread yet. :f_eek:

We have many ozzy's here =) in fact, one of our SuperModerator JustKyle88 is someone you should definitely take contact with! I am sure he'll pop by to say hi when doing his daily tour on the forum. Right Kyle?

(The only ghost on the forum in the dark hours) :D

Where are you planning to play?

Looking forward to see you on the forum
      Ingrid
    • TeddyTaiwan
      TeddyTaiwan
      Silver
      Thank you =)

That's good to hear, hopefully will get in touch. I'm currently playing on Full Tilt. Got introduced to poker by my cousin who's overseas. So looking for someone in Australia who grinds too.

Thanks for the reply

Teddy
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      <--- I live in Sydney
    • GodlikeRoy
      GodlikeRoy
      Bronze
      Hey,

I'm from Sydney :)

Good Luck with poker!
    • TeddyTaiwan
      TeddyTaiwan
      Silver
      Any one in Melbourne?
    • Classified181
      Classified181
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TeddyTaiwan

Just also wondering if anyone else on here grinds in Melbourne Australia?

Cheers.
      Hey Teddy, welcome to PS. Im not from Melbourne, but do travel to play at Crown every weekend that permits and grind/crush the 1/2 and 2/3 tables most of the weekend. GL with moving in to the online game, just a warning though, crushing 1/2 online is 100 times harder than in the real live world, or at least it has been for me, i cant even be a consistent winner at 10/25c online.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      The Aussie King is here. :f_biggrin:

Hey TeddyTaiwan,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com and the community.

I'm two hours north of Sydney in Newcastle but I'm born and breed Victorian ;)
      Goodluck with your poker.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • TeddyTaiwan
      TeddyTaiwan
      Silver
      @ Classified 181

Cool, Yea I've been to Crown poker room a couple of times and noticed the same thing. On the 1/2 in Crown everyone is limping in half the time ^^ and the buy ins are a bit weird. $80 max for 1/2??

Ah I guess no ones in Melbourne. Was hoping to find some to coach me or something or to grind with =(
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Thank you =)

That's good to hear, hopefully will get in touch. I'm currently playing on Full Tilt. Got introduced to poker by my cousin who's overseas. So looking for someone in Australia who grinds too.

Thanks for the reply

Teddy
      Hi again Teddy,

Your thread is looking much better now, isn't it? =)

I hope you'll enjoy playing at Full Tilt, feel free to visit our Poker Board where you can share your knowledge and address specific questions to members who also play at the same poker client. Full Tilt Poker forum

Don't be shy and keep us posted
      Ingrid
    • dreyfus
      dreyfus
      Bronze
      hello
    • Classified181
      Classified181
      Bronze
      @ Classified 181

Cool, Yea I've been to Crown poker room a couple of times and noticed the same thing. On the 1/2 in Crown everyone is limping in half the time ^^ and the buy ins are a bit weird. $80 max for 1/2??

Ah I guess no ones in Melbourne. Was hoping to find some to coach me or something or to grind with =(
      Oh tell me about, those 1/2 tables are just a bingo festival, had to drop back there for 5-6 sessions, drove me insane, having to give bad gambling fish right odds to call because of ridiculous 40bb buy-in. Now the all 1/2 tables have been made turbo tables where u only have 10 secs to act, OMFG, WTF, Crown WINNING!, LoL. Glad to be back at 2/3 where at least the the max buy-in is 70bb where some decent poker can be played. GL again with the FT grind Teddy, wont see you there, as im at Party and have also just opened a Cake account with PS.
    • TeddyTaiwan
      TeddyTaiwan
      Silver
      Yea they're turbos but last time I went in the early hours of the morning about 2ish we started playing turbo and slowly the dealer just sort of phased it out lol. don't you have to play $5 / hour for 2/3 tables?? that's what i heard before?

$5 per hour + rake is daylight robbery
    • Classified181
      Classified181
      Bronze
      Yea they're turbos but last time I went in the early hours of the morning about 2ish we started playing turbo and slowly the dealer just sort of phased it out lol. don't you have to play $5 / hour for 2/3 tables?? that's what i heard before?

$5 per hour + rake is daylight robbery
      Yeah mate, $5 time charge every 60-90 mins, $9 Coronas, $11 JDs, Crown WINNING! I start a good buy-in or two down before i even start, when playing 10-24 hour sessions, but still been very profitable for me (especially last year, won 37 of 46 sessions) so i guess i dont think about it a lot and just put up with it even though i know in the back of mind it is blind robbery.