2-7 NL Single Draw

• RebelGR
      RebelGR
      Basic
      I would like to ask if there is any 2-7 Single Draw pro or an expert at this poker type around here, to give me some usefull strategy advices or to suggest me an other source. ty
  • 8 replies
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      Winning Concepts in Draw and Lowball by Mason Malmuth
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      My housemate (v good 2-7 single draw player) swears by the fact that he learned everything he knows from a wsop final table video he saw from like 2006 or so. I'll see if I can get him to find and then link it here.

Basic strategy is this though:

position is more important (imo) in 2-7SD than in any other single form of poker.
    • napalm77
      napalm77
      Bronze

hello from West Poland! on forum 2+2 there is a lot of lowball players- section - draw poker

Book- D. Brunson Supersystem vol.1 pages 221- 237
      http://www.cardplayer.com/authors/14-michael-wiesenberg - generally poker articles - a lot about draw poker

starting hands

My typical ranges would be something like this
      UTG: Any 9 draw (except the roughest ones like 9876 9875) and any pat T97 or better. The T97 gives us a reasonable two-way hand (by which I mean we can pat or break).
      P* (7 max)-> UTG+1: All UTG hands and smooth Ten draws (T7 or better).
      FTP (6max)-> MP: All UTG+1 hands, any pat T, any Ten draw except the roughest ones. Breakable Js
      HJ: All MP hands, any ten draw, rougher jacks.
      CO: All HJ hands, any pat jack, most jack draws, occasional good two card draws (like 742xx).
      BTN: All CO hands, any pat QT, any jack draw.
      SB: UTG range
      BB: UTG range

Of course if blinds are defending or 3b often we can open way wider in CO (if BTN lets us) and OTB.

Edit: Just wanted to note that this is my value-ish opening range. Obviously we'll mix in snows here and there.

Just wanted to add that the blinds range I had written was more for when there are limpers. When it's folded to us in the sb we can open way wider obviously, or when sb limps and we're in the bb. (Faluzure forum 2+2)

(spike420211 forum 2+2)

and next parts...
      in this video is showed probability particular hands for example
      T6542 vs x8532 -> 67% vs 33%
    • PhilShaw
      PhilShaw
      Basic
      I hope to make some videos on 2-7 NL at some point, if you have any questions please post them here in the meantime...
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Hi, Phil,

Where can I find the basic rules of 2-7 single draw? I know the relative strengths of the various 5-card poker hands but that's about it. Normally I'm a holdem player.
    • PhilShaw
      PhilShaw
      Basic
      http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/games/draw/2-7/single/
    • Dominatrixz
      Dominatrixz
      Bronze
      Thanks everybody! :heart:
    • PhilShaw
      PhilShaw
      Basic
      NL 2-7 theory vid out and live play one to follow: