Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.33)
      BB ($34.24)
      CO ($18.41)
      Hero ($19.63)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: K:diamond:

CO raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.95, fold, fold, CO raises to $2.20, Hero calls $1.25

FLOP ($4.55) 4:club: Q:heart: 7:diamond:

CO bets $3.10, Hero calls $3.10

TURN ($10.75) 4:club: Q:heart: 7:diamond: 9:spade:

CO bets $6.40, Hero folds

CO wins $10.23

This hand was so sick. The opponent is a 32/26 solid reg with 5.1 3bet, 50% foldto3bet, and he 4bets quite some. He knows that im a good reg too, i also 3bet him some in position, he knows i can 3bet him light.

I was 100% sure i will get action to my KK. But when he 4bets that small...it feels like AA or bluff, and we are 180BB deep, so i didnt 5bet him.

I didnt like the flop, even QQ now beats me, and he bets huge. I dont think there is any value in raising, so i called. Then he bets the turn huge again...
      It doesnt look like a bluff for me at all, he would bluff smaller i think, he wont even bet AQ this big i think...this has to be QQ or AA, but folding KK in a Q high board??
      I timed out. I had no clue what to do.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Absolutism,

Preflop: When you know that he knows that you are capable doing the 3bet light and even he is capable of doing the 4bet light. Then why don't you just 5bet? I would often abuse him in this case. And as well depends a lot on his postflop play, either I would try to trap him or not and what's his CBet flop & turn? Although Calling should be considerable as well if you have a good reason for it.
      Postflop: Depends a lot on his WTS/W$SD, CBet flop & CBet turn, is he capable of doing 2nd barrels like this as bluffs? If he is a solid reg then you should as well have a bit more stats on him for postflop. As you mentioned only about his preflop stats, it's hard to say if you did a good fold or not. Likely if he is postflop rather passive then you did a good fold.

Best regards.