This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 KK in a 4bet Qxx flop

• Absolutism
      Absolutism
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.33)
      BB ($34.24)
      CO ($18.41)
      Hero ($19.63)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: K:diamond:

CO raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.95, fold, fold, CO raises to $2.20, Hero calls $1.25

FLOP ($4.55) 4:club: Q:heart: 7:diamond:

CO bets $3.10, Hero calls $3.10

TURN ($10.75) 4:club: Q:heart: 7:diamond: 9:spade:

CO bets $6.40, Hero folds

CO wins $10.23

This hand was so sick. The opponent is a 32/26 solid reg with 5.1 3bet, 50% foldto3bet, and he 4bets quite some. He knows that im a good reg too, i also 3bet him some in position, he knows i can 3bet him light.

I was 100% sure i will get action to my KK. But when he 4bets that small...it feels like AA or bluff, and we are 180BB deep, so i didnt 5bet him.

I didnt like the flop, even QQ now beats me, and he bets huge. I dont think there is any value in raising, so i called. Then he bets the turn huge again...
      It doesnt look like a bluff for me at all, he would bluff smaller i think, he wont even bet AQ this big i think...this has to be QQ or AA, but folding KK in a Q high board??
      I timed out. I had no clue what to do.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Absolutism,

Preflop: When you know that he knows that you are capable doing the 3bet light and even he is capable of doing the 4bet light. Then why don't you just 5bet? I would often abuse him in this case. And as well depends a lot on his postflop play, either I would try to trap him or not and what's his CBet flop & turn? Although Calling should be considerable as well if you have a good reason for it.
      Postflop: Depends a lot on his WTS/W$SD, CBet flop & CBet turn, is he capable of doing 2nd barrels like this as bluffs? If he is a solid reg then you should as well have a bit more stats on him for postflop. As you mentioned only about his preflop stats, it's hard to say if you did a good fold or not. Likely if he is postflop rather passive then you did a good fold.

Best regards.