Flo8

• seasonsofchange
      seasonsofchange
      Bronze
      I've been playing some FLO8 cash for practice and not doing too bad. I was wondering if there is anyone who plays fixed limit and could give some tips. I'm guessing that fixed limit has huge differences between 6max and FR, but how big are they? Could I relate to FL holdem or are the differences bigger/smaller? There really aren't any guides about it out there.

Cheers.
  • 2 replies
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      The fundamentals still apply pretty much. The most important street in LO8 is preflop. What happens on the flop and beyond is often predetermined by your preflop decisions so this is the street you should be focusing on for both 6 max and full ring.

play around 25% of all the hands you are deal, raise from late position and call from early position (in 6 max raise from every position) the following hands.

A-A-2-x
      A-A-3-x
      A-A-4-x
      A-A-5-x
      A-2-3-x
      A-2-K-K
      A-2-Q-Q
      A-2-J-J
      A-A-x-x
      A-2-K-Q
      A-2-K-J
      A-2-x-x (suited ace)
      A-3-K-K
      A-3-4-x
      T-J-Q-K
      K-K-Q-J
      2-3-4-x (fold if there is no ace on the flop)
      Any 4 cards between a ten and an ace.

The number one thing to focus on is "betability". Play hands that you can bet post flop, so nut low draws nut flush draws big wraps etc. You win money by betting and hitting your hand so no chasing gutshots headsup and non nut draws multiway.
    • seasonsofchange
      seasonsofchange
      Bronze
      I'm guessing that in the long run betting flop compared to turn and river is different, since the bet is 0,5 BB. Any tips there? I've also noticed that river is sometimes good to bluff when reads are correct. Also trying to fix my leak from SB, It seems to be a huge gold mine. I could have saved quite alot of BBs if I had been tighter. So far I'm running 6BB/100. This seems quite ok.