This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [FR] NL50, AK(sb), bVb 3b pot

• TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $54.00
      CO:
      $40.75
      BU:
      $50.00
      SB (Hero):
      $71.85
      BB:
      $24.35
      MP2:
      $76.10

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K.
      3 folds, BU raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $4.50, BB folds, BU calls $3.00.

Flop: ($9.5) 7, 7, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $6.50, BU raises to $13.50, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $16

Villain is a standard nit playing 12/10/3 w 1.1 AF in 225hands.

Obv. given the pf action, his stats and no real game dynamics between us I can asume his range is AK JJ-QQ, maybe even AQs or smth. I am not sure if he is capable of flating KK+ in these spots.

So the question is, should I even cb this board given the range I think he has and if he raises like in this case, should/can I turn my hand into a bluff against this type of player? Is his minraise maybe just a cheap info bet if I have KK+ maybe?
  • 4 replies
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Hmmmm, what was his fold to resteal stat? If it's very low then it's possible he's holding as low as AT here. I think a b/f line is best on this flop, you're representing a mid-high pocket pair with a cbet, and a lot of the time he will be holding AQ / AK. His min-raise could be an info bet, but I think it's leaning more towards strength due to his low agg factor so he would show up with QQ+ most of the time there. Most players are just calling down JJ/TT.
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      F2RS 33% but only 3hands, so actually no read on that.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Yeah in that case i'd be willing to give b/f line a go. You're always running the risk of running into mid-high pocket pairs that will raise you. So I guess a c/c or even c/f line would be acceptable, although i'm not too big on the c/f line :D
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      even nits may sometimes make moves on the flop, so with AK high that sometimes is the best hand I think I´d prefer to b/c
      You get your pot odds around 20%, against TT-QQ you have generally 22% equity and he might also give you free river card or sometimes check down his worse hand+ if he is bluffing he would likely bluff with K and A turn cards