$50.00
      SB (Hero):
      $71.85
      BB:
      $24.35
      MP2:
      $76.10

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K.
      3 folds, BU raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $4.50, BB folds, BU calls $3.00.

Flop: ($9.5) 7, 7, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $6.50, BU raises to $13.50, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $16

Villain is a standard nit playing 12/10/3 w 1.1 AF in 225hands.

Obv. given the pf action, his stats and no real game dynamics between us I can asume his range is AK JJ-QQ, maybe even AQs or smth. I am not sure if he is capable of flating KK+ in these spots.

So the question is, should I even cb this board given the range I think he has and if he raises like in this case, should/can I turn my hand into a bluff against this type of player? Is his minraise maybe just a cheap info bet if I have KK+ maybe?
  • 4 replies
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Hmmmm, what was his fold to resteal stat? If it's very low then it's possible he's holding as low as AT here. I think a b/f line is best on this flop, you're representing a mid-high pocket pair with a cbet, and a lot of the time he will be holding AQ / AK. His min-raise could be an info bet, but I think it's leaning more towards strength due to his low agg factor so he would show up with QQ+ most of the time there. Most players are just calling down JJ/TT.
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      F2RS 33% but only 3hands, so actually no read on that.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Yeah in that case i'd be willing to give b/f line a go. You're always running the risk of running into mid-high pocket pairs that will raise you. So I guess a c/c or even c/f line would be acceptable, although i'm not too big on the c/f line :D
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      even nits may sometimes make moves on the flop, so with AK high that sometimes is the best hand I think I´d prefer to b/c
      You get your pot odds around 20%, against TT-QQ you have generally 22% equity and he might also give you free river card or sometimes check down his worse hand+ if he is bluffing he would likely bluff with K and A turn cards