[NL2-NL10] NL4SH - River brings 3rd spade, bet straight OOP?

• luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Reviewing my hands and continuing on the topic of "less meekness", I found this one interesting:

Villain is a maniac fish who plays 65/21/11 AF 5. Roughly, his "style" is "take any two cards and bet them to the river regardless". And he is a winning player still, because other players often tilt to his J5o getting to pair on the river and start to send him all the money.

PartyGaming - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players

BTN: $7.84
      SB: $1.98
      Hero (BB): $4.00
      UTG: $4.00
      CO: $3.88

SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero has K:diamond: Q:heart:

fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.08, fold, Hero calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.18, 2 players) 7:diamond: A:spade: T:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08

Turn: ($0.34, 2 players) J:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.20, Hero raises to $0.60, BTN calls $0.40

River: ($1.54, 2 players) T:spade:
      [color=red]Hero...?

Should I bet for value? Or my straight has suddenly become a bluff catcher?

In general, if I bet, will I be isolating myself against better hands (flushes) and making any weaker fold? Should I try to induce a bluff by checking, say from a pair or busted spade draw?

Cheers,

edir: busted diamond I mean, obviously.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello luizsilveira,

Turn: Don't really like the size, against that kind of station/maniac basically I would go for pot size raise. Therefore ~$0,90.
      River: And rather bet yourself, he may just Check behind his weaker holdings which we don't want him.

Best regards.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello luizsilveira,

Turn: Don't really like the size, against that kind of station/maniac basically I would go for pot size raise. Therefore ~$0,90.
      River: And rather bet yourself, he may just Check behind his weaker holdings which we don't want him.

Best regards.
      Ahn... pot was 54 and I bet 60, no?

Edit: I think I see what you mean, he had 40 to 114, not bad. But how did you get 90? His 20 + pot = 74... plus a notch? :P
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by luizsilveira
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello luizsilveira,

Best regards.
      Ahn... pot was 54 and I bet 60, no?

Edit: I think I see what you mean, he had 40 to 114, not bad. But how did you get 90? His 20 + pot = 74... plus a notch? :P
      Pot Size Raise = 3x raise + pot = $0,60 + $0,34 = $0,94