[NL2-NL10] Nl2 - 44 flopped OESD - first hand evaluation.

• GazAsh2002
      GazAsh2002
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $1.74
      MP1:
      $3.43
      CO:
      $0.87

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4:spade: , 4:diamond:
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.06, 2 folds, CO calls $0.06, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.19) 7:diamond: , 6:diamond: , 5:heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $0.1, CO calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.49) 2:heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $0.2, CO calls $0.20, Hero folds.

River: ($0.89) 4:club: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.5, CO calls $0.50.

Final Pot: $1.89

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP1 shows a pair of aces (As Ad)
      CO shows (9h 9c)

MP1 wins with a pair of aces (As Ad)

Was I right to fold in this case? I figured 8 outs (discounting 3 & 8 of diamonds as they'd leave a flush on) and after calculating the pot odds I still am torn as to whether I should have folded or called.

This is my first hand evaluation post, but feel free to be blunt. I need to learn these things.
  • 2 replies
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Hi,

I love to see when someone tries to improve actually :) . And noone will be really blunt to you here, only nice people around here like me ! :D

I´d rather fold on the flop because this is multiway pot and as well your opponents can have higher straight draw or even flush draw and you can get into difficult situation when another diamond completing your straight will appear. :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello GazAsh2002,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future, so we will be able to help you fix your leaks and as well help move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Just fold it on flop, you might be already drawing dead, likely have to discount as well any 4 since it could make them a straight. Otherwise fold it on river, you don't beat much.

Best regards.