Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $2.08
      Hero:
      $2.66

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K:spade: , K:diamond:
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.06, Hero raises to $0.18, 5 folds, MP1 raises to $0.60, Hero calls $0.42.

Flop: ($1.23) A:club: , Q:heart: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12.

Turn: ($1.47) T:club: (2 players)
      MP1 raises $1.36 (All-In), Hero folds, MP1 gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $1.47

Was this a good lay-down, or should I have folded after the flop due to getting 4-bet pre-flop and the A popping on the flop? I figure the only thing he could possibly have was AA, or AK/Q/T.
  • 8 replies
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Get it in preflop !!! No other way to play that hand !
    • GazAsh2002
      GazAsh2002
      Bronze
      So I should've re-raised all in, or just straight shoved after villains initial raise?
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Originally posted by GazAsh2002
      So I should've re-raised all in, or just straight shoved after villains initial raise?
      The first raise is ok and after he 4bets you can push ;) . I recommend you to read some articles, you seem to lack the basics ;)
    • GazAsh2002
      GazAsh2002
      Bronze
      Haha, so much for not being blunt. ;)

I've read all the basic & most of the bronze strategy guides, but don't remember seeing any in-depth details about pre-flop shoves/re-raises. Maybe I wasn't concentrating hard enough LOL
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Haha, so much for not being blunt. ;)
      Actually it´s for your own good ;) I am just being honest - but don´t despair, I was quite often told that I made some terrible plays/moves and should do more to improve ;) so thats it. What would you like to hear instead ? ;)

I've read all the basic & most of the bronze strategy guides, but don't remember seeing any in-depth details about pre-flop shoves/re-raises. Maybe I wasn't concentrating hard enough LOL
      Well, then you should know that with AA and KK you always try to get all your chips in the middle preflop if possible. Its the most profitable move you can do in the long run. :)

Good luck ;)
    • GazAsh2002
      GazAsh2002
      Bronze
      Right then, I'm going to re-read all those strategy guides ASAP then, maybe there are other things I'm missing too! :f_eek:
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Right then, I'm going to re-read all those strategy guides ASAP then, maybe there are other things I'm missing too! :f_eek:
      Ye, that´s great solution ;) . Also watch the videos related to the article, me, personally, I like the videos more, cause I am a lazy guy :D

And try to post most hands here in the forum, there are awesome coaches around whom have invaluable knowledge about poker. This hand discussions helped me to turn from constantly losing player at the beggining to break-even/slightly winning one and you can do that too as long as you don´t stop learning ;)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello GazAsh2002,

Preflop: Just shove over his raise, doesn't make sense to Call.

As played
      Postflop: For the given odds you can likely Call and reevaluate it on turn, although you did likely just a big mistake by just Calling preflop.

Best regards.