[NL2-NL10] Nl100 Mss

• viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Hello guys!

UGT = raise first EP 34% - fold 3bet 52% - cbet flop 65%

I flat call pre flop for keeping his looser range in game. Also, I don't want to turn my hand into a bluff

SB = VPIP 46 / PFR 12

The flop is conected and I think the OR is betting for value or semi bluffing against 2 opponents. I think he won't fold to a raise but I have to protect my hand against another :heart: or an overcard and I have a bigger equity than 44%. Is it correct or I should've played it differently?

thx in advance! (and sorry for the awfull english :f_mad: )

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.5/$1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):
      $30.00
      SB:
      $54.45
      BB:
      $20.00
      MP2:
      $46.20
      MP3:
      $13.75
      CO:
      $59.75

Preflop: Hero is BU with J, J.
      MP2 raises to $3.00, 2 folds, Hero calls $3.00, SB calls $2.50, BB folds.

Flop: ($10) 7, 5, 9 (3 players)
      SB checks, MP2 bets $7.50, Hero raises to $27.00(All-In), SB folds, MP2 calls $19.50.

Turn: ($64) A (2 players)

River: ($64) Q (2 players)

Final Pot: $64.
      Results follow:

MP2 shows a flush, king high(K 8).
      Hero shows a pair of jacks(J J).

MP2 wins with a flush, king high(K 8).
  • 6 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi Viccini,

With 30bb effective stack, you do not turn your hand into a bluff so I just 3bet here!

When an opponent opens 34%, I expect him to call way looser against 3bets and also 4bets abit looser than a 15/14 player

by calling you are not happy when you see a Qxx, Kxx, Axx board resulting in you playing postflop/Turn/River suboptimally

on the Flop you actually turn your hand into a coinflip//bluff hand because you hardly get called by A9s that often I think

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Ok, got it. Pre flop I'm trying to 3bet bluff or flat call against opponents with high fold to 3bet and 3bet for value against opponents with low fold to 3bet - either to exploit their fold to 3bet or to keep their looser range in game, since I don't turn my 3bets exploitable. I'm trying to do this against donkeys only. Is it a bad line?

And pos flop, would you just call the cbet (as played)? What if he fires the second barrel (A :spade: turn)? Fold?

thx!
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by viccini
      Ok, got it. Pre flop I'm trying to 3bet bluff or flat call against opponents with high fold to 3bet and 3bet for value against opponents with low fold to 3bet - either to exploit their fold to 3bet or to keep their looser range in game, since I don't turn my 3bets exploitable. I'm trying to do this against donkeys only. Is it a bad line?
      No no unless you have >5k hands on people (and even then) the fold to 3bet% is 1) too averaged , 2) doesn't tell you in which situations he folded

So rather use the thinking cap and think logically what kind of player this is. So I 3bet 95% of the time here because of the reasons mentioned earlier

Hence the 3bet is for Value.

And pos flop, would you just call the cbet (as played)? What if he fires the second barrel (A :spade: turn)? Fold?

thx!
      I would flat the Flop but I need his whole HEM popup to determine whether calling the A on his 2nd barrel is good or not :)

- Gerv
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Here it is:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Plz tell me which stats you're using (only "turn cbet"?) ;)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      WTSD WWSF W$SD, AFq Turn, AF Turn, c/R Turn, cBet % Flop & Turn

I think he will continue barreling with Ax on the Turn but checks with pairs you dont have beat QQ-KK so if he checks, you just shove as a bluff

Otherwise you fold to his turnbarrel
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      nice! thx! =)