[NL2-NL10] NL50 MSS AQo vs minraise on flop

• moodkiller
      moodkiller
      Bronze
      Hi! :)

Situation seems simple, but when played i quite wondered and my time was over. :facepalm:
      Quite surprised me this min raise on the flop and don't know with what range he'll do that. Let's say something like AJs,AJo,ATs,ATo,KJs,KJo,QTs,QTo,QJc,JTc, and maybe TXc,QXc,JJ (but i don't believe this). Against this range i got 37% and i need 36%, bit with rake included they are 38%.
      I think on this flop after my near potsize bet there aren't any bluffs in his range, even if there are some we can't take them into account.
      The question is - if i considered it proper range on the flop?
      However, i would prefer to push in this situations and if i got more time i would do so, for sure.
      With this min raise i think he want to keep me in the hand, and i think his range is mostly KJo,KJs,AJs,AJo,QTs, in which we have quick fold.
      What do you think, with what cards of this range he will make min raise, after all he gives me 4,25:1?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $17,5
      CO:
      $60,4

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.98 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:spade: , Q:diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1,50, 2 folds, CO calls $1,50, 3 folds.

Flop: ($3,75) A:club: , K:club: , J:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3, CO raises to $6,00, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $9,75
  • 4 replies
    • aleksandarbogdanov
      aleksandarbogdanov
      Bronze
      Originally posted by moodkiller
      Hi! :)

Situation seems simple, but when played i quite wondered and my time was over. :facepalm:
      Quite surprised me this min raise on the flop and don't know with what range he'll do that. Let's say something like AJs,AJo,ATs,ATo,KJs,KJo,QTs,QTo,QJc,JTc, and maybe TXc,QXc,JJ (but i don't believe this). Against this range i got 37% and i need 36%, bit with rake included they are 38%.
      I think on this flop after my near potsize bet there aren't any bluffs in his range, even if there are some we can't take them into account.
      The question is - if i considered it proper range on the flop?
      However, i would prefer to push in this situations and if i got more time i would do so, for sure.
      With this min raise i think he want to keep me in the hand, and i think his range is mostly KJo,KJs,AJs,AJo,QTs, in which we have quick fold.
      What do you think, with what cards of this range he will make min raise, after all he gives me 4,25:1?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $17,5
      CO:
      $60,4

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.98 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:spade: , Q:diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1,50, 2 folds, CO calls $1,50, 3 folds.

Flop: ($3,75) A:club: , K:club: , J:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3, CO raises to $6,00, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $9,75
      the vaillant 3bet 3% so i think he don't have JJ+,AKo,AKs cause he will 3bet with this hands.
      That was his 1st reise-cbet from 10 situations
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello!

Before you even consider cBetting, ask yourself if it is for value or as a bluff. I think here against this particular player, you are only vbetting versus SCs , ATs and that's it. I don't think KQ will peel off as often or KT/JTs is in his range due your stacksize.

I rather check/call here

But as played I think you have to bet/fold because his raising range is exclusively QT, AJ, KJ, JJ =>
      Board: Ac Kc Jd
      Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
      Hand 0: 70.541% 68.93% 01.61% 14330 335.50 { JJ, AJs, KJs, QTs, AJo, KJo }
      Hand 1: 29.459% 27.85% 01.61% 5789 335.50 { AsQd }

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • aleksandarbogdanov
      aleksandarbogdanov
      Bronze
      And if the turn is 5 :heart:( blank) how shoud i play? ch/fold ,ch/c and if is ch/c how much can i call?1/2pot
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Against a 15/10 player on microlimits, I think I rather check/f the Turn as I am fairly confident he is not semibluffing the Turn again with a FD and/or continue his airball bluffs

Best regards,
      Gerv