This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] pot control or vbet (MSS)

• JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($19.04)
      BB ($13.94)
      UTG ($11.13)
      UTG+1 ($9.49)
      UTG+2 ($9.39)
      MP1 ($16.08)
      MP2 ($15.63)
      Hero ($3.70)
      BTN ($3.90)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: Q:club:

UTG calls $0.10, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.40, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.30

FLOP ($0.95) K:spade: 3:heart: A:spade:

UTG checks, Hero bets $0.62, UTG calls $0.62

TURN ($2.19) K:spade: 3:heart: A:spade: 6:spade:

UTG checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($2.19) K:spade: 3:heart: A:spade: 6:spade: 9:diamond:

UTG bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70

Hi,

I just have 15 hands with villain and his stats is 27/7.
      I check behind Turn for pot control because I think he may call on Flop with FD.
      How do you play this hand?
      Thanks.
  • 3 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey,

So you say by pot controlling you are going to call a Riverbet or bet yourself hence getting 2 streets of value.

Then I rather want to bet the TUrn for free showdown as I still get value from Ax (not anymore when the river is a 4th for example) and he turns his hand face up when he c/Raises you :)

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Hey,

So you say by pot controlling you are going to call a Riverbet or bet yourself hence getting 2 streets of value.

Then I rather want to bet the TUrn for free showdown as I still get value from Ax (not anymore when the river is a 4th for example) and he turns his hand face up when he c/Raises you :)

Best regards,
      Gerv
      Hi Gerv,

Bet turn for free showdown may be good but I worry that villain may c/r Turn or c/c Turn then dbet River. By check behind, we dont worry if villain c/r Turn and villain dbet River.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I worry more about Villain playing perfect on the River as we do not know if he bluffs 100% or only valuebets when turn goes check/check

Worrying about random dbets and c/r is not really an argument if you think that when he does something like this, we are mostly beat anyway

Best regards,
      Gerv