UTG ($11.13)
      UTG+1 ($9.49)
      UTG+2 ($9.39)
      MP1 ($16.08)
      MP2 ($15.63)
      Hero ($3.70)
      BTN ($3.90)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: Q:club:

UTG calls $0.10, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.40, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.30

FLOP ($0.95) K:spade: 3:heart: A:spade:

UTG checks, Hero bets $0.62, UTG calls $0.62

TURN ($2.19) K:spade: 3:heart: A:spade: 6:spade:

UTG checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($2.19) K:spade: 3:heart: A:spade: 6:spade: 9:diamond:

UTG bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70

Hi,

I just have 15 hands with villain and his stats is 27/7.
      I check behind Turn for pot control because I think he may call on Flop with FD.
      How do you play this hand?
      Thanks.
  • 3 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey,

So you say by pot controlling you are going to call a Riverbet or bet yourself hence getting 2 streets of value.

Then I rather want to bet the TUrn for free showdown as I still get value from Ax (not anymore when the river is a 4th for example) and he turns his hand face up when he c/Raises you :)

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Hey,

So you say by pot controlling you are going to call a Riverbet or bet yourself hence getting 2 streets of value.

Then I rather want to bet the TUrn for free showdown as I still get value from Ax (not anymore when the river is a 4th for example) and he turns his hand face up when he c/Raises you :)

Best regards,
      Gerv
      Hi Gerv,

Bet turn for free showdown may be good but I worry that villain may c/r Turn or c/c Turn then dbet River. By check behind, we dont worry if villain c/r Turn and villain dbet River.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I worry more about Villain playing perfect on the River as we do not know if he bluffs 100% or only valuebets when turn goes check/check

Worrying about random dbets and c/r is not really an argument if you think that when he does something like this, we are mostly beat anyway

Best regards,
      Gerv