Hi from New Zealand!

• 11 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey MMM69,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com and the community.

How is your $50 free starting capital coming along?

I see Team liquid is a Starcraft association.
      I've played Warcraft once or twice but I'm a total noob.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • MMM69
      MMM69
      Bronze
      Hey, I'm doing fine. So far I increased the $50 capital to $51 playing fixed limit $0.05/0.10. But I'm wondering if I should change to playing no-limit? What do you think is better for beginners like me?
    • MMM69
      MMM69
      Bronze
      Hello? Any tips for playing no-limit or limit?
    • GodlikeRoy
      GodlikeRoy
      Bronze
      I would advise no-limit.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey MMM69,

I'm actually not an expert on Fixed Limit. What I do know is that the rake is quite intensive as you go through the limits.

I think as far as educational content, rakeback, bonuses, forum content, potential skype contacts, NL is the superior choice.

I can tell you from experience it is a fantastic and fascinating game and I really think you would enjoy the rollercoaster journey through the stakes.

Let us know what you think and keep us updated on whatever you choose!

Thanks
      Patrick
    • MMM69
      MMM69
      Bronze
      Hi, I switched to No-limit yesterday, although I lost $4, I still had a lot of fun. I noticed that you can win/lose money much more faster than Fixed limit even though when the blinds are smaller haha. Hope I'll do better from now on :D
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Glad to see you are enjoying your poker experience, fantastic.

Yeah the swings can be alot bigger, but remember as long as you are playing well and profitably you will make money in the long run.

Keep us updated and post some interesting hands for disucssion, I feel like you're going to have alot of fun :s_biggrin:
    • MischiefMarg
      MischiefMarg
      Bronze
      Hi MMM and fellow Kiwi :f_biggrin:

Poker is fun and enjoyable, patience is a big part of the game and at times frustrating tehehe!!!!

GL and I too hope to be able to build from my BR thanks to the quiz and this poker forum.

What team is it that you play on?

I play team poker on another forum and that is a lot of fun and is such a different game than playing as an individual.

GL GL >^_^<
    • MMM69
      MMM69
      Bronze
      Nah I'm not on any team, I thought Poker was an individual sport haha. How different is team poker to individual poker? Good luck to you too btw :D
    • MischiefMarg
      MischiefMarg
      Bronze
      Team Poker :)

We play as a team of 6 with usually up to 20+ other teams.

This season Im afraid we didnt qualify for the finals but previously we made 2 finals with our best placing of 5th, winning T shirts and lots of points :f_biggrin:

Dang it 1st prize is a trip to Vegas but we will try again next season ;)

Stategy for team poker is staying in the game which often means a mix of player abilities, as 3 highest scores count.

GL gl >^_^<
    • MMM69
      MMM69
      Bronze
      Yesterday, I tried Sit and Go tournament on Full Tilt Poker and surprisingly I won! Its unbelievable feeling haha. On the last hand, I called his all-in (A 10) with my (K 9), and the flop showed A 3 6, but the turn was a K, and guess what, the river was also a K! :D Although it was a small tournament and I only won $4.50, it felt like I won $1000 haha. Just wanted to share this with you guys :)

MischiefMarg: Wow team poker really sounds fun, when I have more experience, I'll definitely try it :)