Stack
      SB:
      $1.92
      MP2:
      $3.61
      Hero:
      $1.82

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:heart: , Q:spade:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.02, SB calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.08) K:club: , Q:heart: , 4:heart: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP2 bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08, 2 folds.

Turn: ($0.24) 7:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.16, Hero calls $0.16.

River: ($0.56) 6:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.4, Hero calls $0.40.

Final Pot: $1.36

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows (As Qc)
      Hero shows a flush, king high (Kh Qs)

Hero wins with a flush, king high (Kh Qs)

Maybe I shoulda re-raised the river, but worried he had A :heart:
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello GazAsh2002,

Preflop: Rather isolate the guy and raise it up here.

As played
      Flop: I would likely raise it up for value here and protect from any kind of draw.

As played
      Turn: While the flushdraw completed I might as well rather prefer to play it passively and just Call and reevaluate it on river.
      River: Seems to be fine, not many worse hands will call you anyways on river, rather skip the thin value.

Best regards.
    • GazAsh2002
      GazAsh2002
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello GazAsh2002,

Preflop: Rather isolate the guy and raise it up here.
      While I see where you are coming from on this, going strictly off the BSS SHC, raising after a limp in front from BU isn't on the menu. Wouldn't it leave me prone to a re-raise from strong pairs in the blinds? In which case I'd have to fold, right?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by GazAsh2002
      While I see where you are coming from on this, going strictly off the BSS SHC, raising after a limp in front from BU isn't on the menu. Wouldn't it leave me prone to a re-raise from strong pairs in the blinds? In which case I'd have to fold, right?
      Yeah. In future you wont play anyways according to the SHC. It's just for the beginning an give you somewhat overview how you should play your hands. But in advanced chart you will start to raise them. When you get higher rank you might be able to read those articles as well.

And yes, if we raise there and get 3bet from blinds then we have an easy fold. And sometimes we might take down the pot just preflop and we would be even happy enough.