$5.00
      BB:
      $5.14
      UTG2:
      $2.78
      MP1:
      $2.56

Preflop: Hero is BU with J, Q.
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.18, 2 folds, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.07.

I feel that if I am stealing from BU with weaker hands than I usually play such as QJo - I should make the raise 3.5bb instead of 3bb, is this correct because over the long run it will make a difference & I wanted to know before I make it habitual?

Thanks,
      AKM

ps. today it is Armin van Buuren ft Sharon den Adel - In and Out of Love, I did'nt hear this song in soooooo long! uuuuuffff :f_cool:
  • 4 replies
    • pyure
      pyure
      Bronze
      I think it's better to always raise the same amount, it helps to disguise your range a little more - if you're only raising weaker hands to 3.5bb eventually people will notice.
      Besides I doubt the extra half big blind is really going to make someone fold a hand they would have called if you'd just made it 3x.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I think I indeed raise the same amount if I have a weak or strong hand. Regardless what the opposition is, this kind of betsizing tell is pretty easy to discover because it happens so often!

From the BU I just raise 3bb as a steal

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I always open raise 3x from EP and MP but open 2.5x in LP (with value hand as well) in Rush Poker. Is that good?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JHTAN
      Hi guys,

I always open raise 3x from EP and MP but open 2.5x in LP (with value hand as well) in Rush Poker. Is that good?
      I think it is better for you to just stick to 3x because 2.5x just creates a whole different dynamic in which requires a lot of postflop skills

Best regards,
      Gerv