This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] How cheeky :s

• AKM247
      AKM247
      Bronze
      So this was standard raise, BB calls and then the flop comes . . . .

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $5.00
      BB:
      $2.08
      UTG1:
      $5.00
      UTG2:
      $2.00
      MP1:
      $5.00
      MP2:
      $3.36
      MP3 (Hero):
      $1.94
      CO:
      $4.57
      BU:
      $5.67

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q, A.
      UTG2 posts deadblind, UTG1 folds, UTG2 checks, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, 3 folds, BB calls $0.20, UTG2 folds.

Flop: ($0.57) 7, K, 5 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.15, Hero raises to $0.49, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.72.

So if the BB calls my raise instead of reraising I I don't think he has the strongest hand. When he bets like a quarter pot of the flop I am not so convinced, maybe K but with shit kicker? So I try to be cheeky and take the pot based on the situation instead of the cards, it seems to be working overall but also maybe it's a bit of luck? Should I make plays like this or you think it will cost money in long run?

Thanks,
      AKM
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey

If you raise here, raise bigger to $0.6 so you can bluffshove the Turn. To get him off his hand (Kx will never fold btw!) this mostly requires a 2 street bluff

Best regards,
      Gerv