This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] TPTK v FD

• AKM247
      AKM247
      Bronze
      Hey again,

I was not sure this hand was correctly played on river;

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $5.00
      SB:
      $5.02
      BB:
      $5.82
      UTG2:
      $4.19
      MP1 (Hero):
      $2.00
      MP2:
      $5.07
      MP3:
      $3.25
      CO:
      $3.74

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A, K.
      UTG2 calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.20, 2 folds, CO calls $0.20, 3 folds, UTG2 calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.67) 6, K, T (3 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0.35, CO folds, UTG2 calls $0.35.

Turn: ($1.37) 5 (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $1.30, UTG2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.37.

The raise is 4bb instead of 5bb despite limper - I don't think this is a big issue. I get two callers but hit TPTK on flop but possible FD for villains. Maybe I should bet more actually, but half pot and one caller. So now I must think he could have Flush? I search the player quickly and he's playing like 20 tables. I read in Skalansky's Theory of Poker book about people making mistakes when they're under pressure with little time to act so I shoved. . . my question I guess is should I have just checked - if I made a bet it's going to have to involve my whole stack. So I think this is a check/fold hand really - what you think?

Thanks,
      AKM
  • 4 replies
    • pyure
      pyure
      Bronze
      I'm raising more on the flop here I think, up to around 50 cent.
      If you're called it's a pot of $1.67 with $1.30 behind and an easy shove on the turn. I don't think I would give up on a legitimate hand with showdown value just because a scary card appears.
    • AKM247
      AKM247
      Bronze
      Hey pyure - where do you play and on what limit? Just wondering since I am floating around the 0.02/0.05 on Stars may have bumped into you on the tables? :f_biggrin:
    • pyure
      pyure
      Bronze
      I'm on full tilt, rush tables are amazing for those of us who only have small time windows during the day to play -> 3-400 hands in 20 minutes ? Perfect :)
      I actually tried playing the regular tables again the other night, just 6 tables because I didn't have a second monitor handy, but rush has destroyed my patience levels.
      Currently back on nl5 since I withdrew most of my roll for rl stuff, but slowly grinding it back up :)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pyure
      I'm raising more on the flop here I think, up to around 50 cent.
      If you're called it's a pot of $1.67 with $1.30 behind and an easy shove on the turn. I don't think I would give up on a legitimate hand with showdown value just because a scary card appears.

Thanks for saying the correct line :) I would do exactly as pyure says becuase you have to maximize value & protect your hand. Betting 50% of the pot just allows him to suck out on you with his flushdraw (if any)

Best regards,
      Gerv