[NL2-NL10] Jj

• AKM247
      AKM247
      Bronze
      Q pasa mate,

So here I have a standard raise and MP3 calls.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $5.05
      CO:
      $2.07
      BU:
      $5.00
      SB:
      $2.15
      BB:
      $5.00
      UTG1:
      $4.79
      UTG2 (Hero):
      $2.30
      MP1:
      $4.43
      MP2:
      $5.62

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with J, J.
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.20, 4 folds, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.47) 6, 5, T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, MP3 calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.07) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $1.02, Hero raises to $1.80, MP3 calls $0.78.

River: ($4.67) T (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.67.

I cbet flop and he calls again, so by the turn I am really starting to wonder why he's calling on a board like this - I did'nt think he would have connectors maybe suited conectors or even TP or if he hit a set - but I think he would have reraised the flop hitting a set - so I check the turn. He bets like pot size and I am a bit puzzled. So again I think he does not have the straight and I am not going to fold JJ for a FD - if he has it it's 2:1 odds so I may as well find out? Please feel free to demolish my logic - what you think?

Thanks as always for your time
      AKM
  • 2 replies
    • mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      Just my 2c:

My cbet % is wayyyy up there near 80% and I assume so is yours if you playing strictly accourding to the charts.

On the other hand my turn cbet is like 20% and I fold almost all the hands that I dont bet. I believe we are being floated a lot because of this.

I have adjusted (plz dont tell gev) by checking the turn with strong overpair + with the idea of c/r. It seems very +ev.

JJ may just be strong enough to play this way.
      We dont fold here
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello!

With JJ OOP against Tx, I really want to continue valuebetting the TUrn before the board runs out too scary for him to put more money in.

If you have like the supernuts here and he can't possibly win on any Turn/River card then you can think about checking back. Otherwise you give way too much equityshare away to the opposition.

If you check, c/shove like you did but EVwise I think betting yourself is ev(max)

Best regards,

GeRrrrrrv :D