[NL2-NL10] NL10 folding AQ, bad fold?

• Kapica
      Kapica
      Bronze
      just got to the table, get two callers, so im thinking one has AA or KK for sure, and i decide to fold, on the other hand, it was 0.70 to call in a pot of over 2$...
      so, bad call on my count? not to mention i floped nuts :(

Known players:   
      BB:
      $4
      Hero:
      $4
      CO:
      $4,2

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:spade: , Q:diamond:
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0,30, CO raises to $1,00, 2 folds, BB calls $0,90, Hero folds.

Flop: ($2,35) Q:spade: , Q:club: , J:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $2, CO raises to $3,20 (All-In), BB calls $1,00 (All-In).

Turn: ($8,55) J:diamond:
      River: ($8,55) 5:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $8,55

Results follow (highlight to see):
      CO shows two-pair, aces and queens (Ah Ad)
      BB shows (Ac Kc)

CO wins with two-pair, aces and queens (Ah Ad)
  • 7 replies
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      I think it depends a lot on reads on villains and that table dynamics. This could be an easy fold or an easy 4bet/shove depending on the villain. If the BTN is a pain in the ass stealing every blind and 3betting every EP/MP raise, then the BB might be calling lighter and that would make an easy shove.

However, without reads I pretty much fold here, no regrets. I *might* call if it's suited and I'm willing to gamble and that's about it.

But then again, I suck at this game so I could be completely wrong :f_biggrin:

obs.: what is interesting on the hand as well is the BB play after the flop. But seriously, donking a bit less than pot size and commiting the whole stack anyways? You have 2 overs, a gutshot and the flush draw but it's still (IMO) a semibluff (you don't have a made hand). Shove it right away, you might have some FE. Betting pot, what would be your plan for the turn, check/fold?!
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      is this nl10? y does evryone have $4? confused
    • Kapica
      Kapica
      Bronze
      well, the tabled i played was 20 BB max buyin

so that limits the game and space for 4bets...
      thats why i was thinking on calling... just to see the flop.. cause i suspected AA or KK like i already said, doesnt matter their numbers much on those tables, pocket pairs or AK AQ get shoved in alot...

my dilemma there was, was there enough equity for me just to call and see the flop when i suspect pocket pair in multi way pot?

i wouldn't have pushed all in...

had i called, i would just pay the BB raise, and then ofc pay the push and triple my stack but next time.. :)
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hmmm maybe u shld post in mss forum if theres one.
      bss shld really be playd with 100bb and calling a 3bet with AQ oop is normally not a good idea altho the cold call makes it interesting.. then i would try a bluff 4bet in this case to get the dead money
    • Indahaus
      Indahaus
      Bronze
      I think calling AQo to 3bet is especially bad with 40bb, just becouse of lower implied odds. And you will rarely hit the flop on which you want to continue. From my point of view when stacks are 40bb its a push or fold situation
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Kapica,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future, so we will be able to help you fix your leaks and as well help move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

First of all, I'd say that if you want to play BSS then add to 100BB. :)

But about the hand, not much you can do there. I would as well fold it preflop. Likely a good fold.

Best regards.
    • Kapica
      Kapica
      Bronze
      tnx all for replies and your thoughts..

y now i notices i missed the stack strategy... :)

will post other hands into right part ;)