Hero (MP): $3.00
      CO: $0.95
      BTN: $1.54
      SB: $2.70
      BB: $1.56
      UTG: $5.25

CO posts a big blind ($0.02)

Pre Flop: ($0.05) Hero is MP with 9 :club: A :spade:
      1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.02, Hero checks, CO checks, 1 fold, SB calls $0.01, BB checks

Flop: ($0.08) 7 :diamond: A :club: 8 :diamond: (5 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0.06, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls $0.06, CO folds, SB calls $0.06

Turn: ($0.26) K :heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0.06, Hero calls $0.06, SB calls $0.06

River: ($0.44) K :diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0.40, Hero folds, SB folds

My thougs about this hand: Villain C-bet. I put in Ax just like me.
      I call because my hand has showdown value, is that right?

Now a K comes in turn. No-one folds.
      Now i put the third guy on K.

River comes another K. Villain bets .40

Now i put him on Kx, and the flop C-bet was just a std C-bet and didn't really mean he has Ax.

My two questions for this hand are: Did my hand really has showdown value on the flop? Or it was a big hand and i should have played it more agressively?

I don't like the feeling that i was ahead in the flop and turned into the second best hand in the turn or river. I think i was exploited, i think i should have raised on the flop.

Feedback please
  • 3 replies
    • 0xiide
      0xiide
      Bronze
      he could have been playin his flush draw agressively and hit on the river, vaule bettin alot because of the limit to try and get value because alot of donks are callin with aces and kings there, you could have played back to see where yu were at but yu were beatin to much on the river to call his bet unless hes buffin, as if hes got a ace your probably out kicked, and your dead to a king or flush so
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vepof
      Feedback please
      Posting a dead blind is a massive leak.
    • gawdhelpus
      gawdhelpus
      Bronze
      The BB did not make a Cbet (as he did not raise preflop) it was a 'donk bet' or 'probe' from out of position in an unraised pot. This donk bet was made into four unknowns and looks like one of these options:

1. My hand is kinda o.k-how's yours?
      2. I've got a monster hand, here is a lure come and get it
      3. This poker thing is fun..... bet......whoop! I'm gonna try online roulette when I've had the rest of this 6-pack!

Option 3 comes out a shade ahead of the others, especially since the bet size stayed the same on the turn. It looks like the BB didn't really hit pay dirt until the river, but it is impossible to say since 2nl players sometimes take this betting line with flopped monster hands (small bet,small bet, big bet)

A raise for protection with your aces on the flop would have been risky since most 2nl players are going nowhere with an ace and two suited connected cards on board. There also seems to be a trend at 2nl for shoving any flush or strong combo draw on the flop so you could have faced a reshove had you raised for protection. This is before you even consider the players waiting behind you to act.

The bottom line is you were out of position, in a limped pot with a weak ace which is exactly where you don't want to be.