[NL2-NL10] Nl10 A9 Mp2

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Preflop: I know it´s pretty close, but I felt like I can outplay him postflop :)

Flop: Likely a big mistake to raise here, not much worse he is calling with here right ?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP2 (Hero):
      $11.45
      MP3:
      $11.16
      CO:
      $10.51
      BU:
      $5.29
      SB:
      $11.73
      BB:
      $11.64
      UTG2:
      $10.00
      MP1:
      $6.30

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9, A.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, 5 folds, MP1 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.15) Q, A, Q (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.77, Hero raises to $2.00, MP1 calls $1.23.

Turn: ($5.15) 7 (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($5.15) 9 (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $2.15, MP1 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $5.15.
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

Preflop: From MP2 that's true that it's kinda close, usually I would prefer to be at least LP.

As played
      Flop: While not that many worse hands will pay you off here likely only draws I might even just Call here. And if he has some kind of bluff then he might continue.

As played if flop was raised
      Turn: Don't get it. You did raise flop for value and then you Checking behind here? If you raising flop then you usually are doing it for value which means you have to likely protect the turn as well. Therefore I would bet it here for free showdown.

As played if turn was checked
      River: Rather just Check behind, as you can see we don't have 2pairs with our A9, rather we have just AAQQ9 as a kicker. :D And you split with every ace. Rather just Check behind while even the draw completed.

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz
      Flop: While not that many worse hands will pay you off here likely only draws I might even just Call here. And if he has some kind of bluff then he might continue.
      Ye, probably was way better to just call there and then bet the turn if he checked.

River: Rather just Check behind, as you can see we don't have 2pairs with our A9, rather we have just AAQQ9 as a kicker. :D And you split with every ace. Rather just Check behind while even the draw completed.
      LOL ye, obviously, I probably need to revise the rules of Texas Hold´em. Seriously, I didn´t realise that when playing. :D