Got Slapped

• fundizm
      I have been playing 2/4c ring games for the last few days ..... little bit ahead, about 3$ but getting a bit bored playing such low stakes even with 3 tables. Nothing really happens. Just a whole lot of folding with rare big pots.

Decided to step it up to 5/10c .. Noticed the change straight away, the players were more aggresive, lots of raises and reaises pre flop after the flop ect.

So I fold, fold, and fold a little more.. Finaly something I can play.. AKo.. Late possition I raise it 4 times he reraises I go all in.... He had 77.... I hit my ace on the turn.....he hits his seven on the river.... Lost $4.80 on that..

The pain! Logged out straight away and came here to have cry about it.

Should I just go back to 2/4 where im comfortable or take another shot at 5/10.

After thinking about it now while im typing this I will just follow the rules and go back to 2/4 ...My bankroll is now down to 47$ from my 50$..

Losing at this game hurts so much!
  • 2 replies
    • Classified181
      Your $50 isnt near enough to sustain some losses 5/10c so go back to 2/4c. Your roll isnt even enough to really play at 2/4c, as you should have at least 25-30 buy-ins at each level and that is using a fairly loose BRM plan. I did join at Cake Poker through PS with the $50 bankroll starter and the lowest limit there is 2/4c, if this situation is similar yours fair enough or i would even suggest going back to 1/2c tables until you have at least $100 in your account. I know the feeling of bordem at this stake your going through, as i have hardly played a hand at Cake with my starter in a week after playing 5k of hands in the first week and have gone back to Party at moment where im rolled for higher micros. You must remember though, to be a successful poker player you need a lot of patience to get through these more boring times, that is part of the great grind my friend, GL and stick at it, your heater will one day come ( although im still waiting for my online one after 3 years, LoL).
    • evertonroar
      you lost a flip (and technically you got your money in just behind). it cost you rmuch more than it ever should becuse you didnt follow brm becuase you wanted action. not sure what your upset about