This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Limeni's Poker story

• limeni333
      limeni333
      Bronze
      Hello

First to say my name is Simon and i come from Slovenia. If you dont know where this is you look on the map. We are small, but u shouldnt have problems locating it :) tip: it's in Europe :) tip2: its not SLOVAKIA

But enough of this we are here about poker!

I started to play poker 2 years ago. First i played a lot of play money games then lost all free bakrolls i could get also on my sisters names :) ( i have 3 od them ) then when i ran out of free bankrlls i started to dopist my own money. I dont know the precise amonnt but im sure it was at least 300$.
      Because there was no profit i quite for about half year. there was also a obsesion problem there. my record was playing 35 hourse without eating, i didnt wanna miss no hand! ( i know is sounds sick, and if you belive me it was :)
      But thrue all this hours of playin poker i get the feeling for poker but i didnt have no strategy. ( bankroll managment - playing to big tables, playing to bad starting hand for expaple 9qs was a good hand for me. I also won 2 freeroles with 1500 players and was once 2.

Ok enough about the past, we c
      an only learn something from our mistakes.

MY friend told me about the Pokerstrategy.com and i loged in i opened account on Manison ( it's the only software i wasnt looged on jet :) and started to play.

I read the strategy articles, and i must say it helped me a lot.

I started with short stack strategy on table ( 0,05 - 0,10 ) wich i modified a bit but not much. In few days i had 100$ but then it was a downswing to 40$ not because of bad luck but of more loose play and because of terrible players who plays everything, and its not hard to be cracked down.
      So i moved to ( 0,10 - 0,15 ) there are still a lot of calling stations here, but its ok for me i earn money on them :)
      Now i've been playing for about 2 weeks and i am on 210$ ( in the past i could earn this in a 1 or 2 hours but i lost it next half hour )
      My strategy is to go in with 5$ i play a litlle more conservative BSS and go of the table when i have 10 or in last times when i have 20-30 ( it depends how confident i feel on the table )

The only thing that bothers me is that i noticed that i cant win no s'n'g more here is my stats
      24 played 3 won 21 lost - 33,50 $
      So i dont play them a lot anymore! But i must say that s'n'g were my speciality in the past. Maybe because i was more relaxed and got better feeling.
      Well i thing this will go better to.

Well enough for today.
  • 16 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi limeni333!

Nice read! I recommend that you focus on one type of poker: cash game short stack strategy, cash game big stack strategy or sngs. Since you are a beginner I recommend the short stack strategy. Stick to it 100% (and I mean 100%! No modified version), post hands and watch our coachings. It's the best strategy to learn the game and make profit simultaneously. If you want to play sngs I think it's best for you to wait one more week because we will publish 9 new strategy articles for sngs. Whatever you play:

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • zibbygt
      zibbygt
      Bronze
      hello to slovenia ;)

Lep pozdrav (it means have a nice day in Slovenian language :D )
    • debelinko
      debelinko
      Bronze
      Pictures of sisters or it didn't happen!
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Originally posted by debelinko
      Pictures of sisters or it didn't happen!

I know slovenia, but some bad experiences from online gaming with them. All lil whiner kids and fishermen it seems, up to you to change that! :P
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      my record was playing 35 hourse without eating

you look like this?

• limeni333
      limeni333
      Bronze
      I could look like that if i would continue the sessions i had back than :) but now i look pretty good :)

I just have a down swing to 170$ this weeend i dont know but i think this was the last weeken i played on manison, because i noticed that there is so more fishes on Mansion in weekend cracks from all over! I can belive i have High triplet on floop i go all in man cals me and he get 2 more colurs on turn and river, he was drawin belly button straight ?!!!! and had so more bad cracks!

I have one more question

I dont know how to play High pocket pairs, should i rasie a lot or should i slow play pre floop than aggresive on floop. Cause if i rise 1 - 1,5 evreybody fold if i pay 0,5 - 0.8 verybody calls ( i play NL15 )

Well share you way of playing High pocket pairs with me and let me know how sucsefull you are ?

Enough for today.
    • Laurenz1988
      Laurenz1988
      Bronze
      uhm, ur like how old?

btw wouldnt really post pics of my sister on a public forum, dunno if she would appreciate it.

And btw, never slowplay high pocket pairs.

Raise them enough that the preflop pot (ur raise +their calls +blinds) is about 1/6th of the remaining cash in ur stack.

If u do that u cant reallty go wrong postflop.
    • limeni333
      limeni333
      Bronze
      My bakroll is rissing curently at 260$ i talk to you wen i reach 400$ And a tip for mansion users. If u dont like bad cracks dont play at weekends.
    • luxdelux
      luxdelux
      Bronze
      you know you have to be 18 in order to play poker :evil:
    • limeni333
      limeni333
      Bronze
      I just turend 23 in 5th of january :) picure is old because i dont want guys jurking on my sisters! I already try to erase the picuture but i dont know how? any suggestions ?
    • luxdelux
      luxdelux
      Bronze
      i would try to edit post
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      done
    • limeni333
      limeni333
      Bronze
      Tnaks Puschkin81
    • limeni333
      limeni333
      Bronze
      Hello i just sufferd a downswing from 300 to 200 i dont know every time i get the limit 100 i get a downswing i had i so much bad luck. sumtimes i think that manison is doing on purpose! :)

But enyway i am back on 240 with little more luck.

I put some money on partypoker and played 2 hours and i think its horrible,

I have some problems becuse all pokerrooms require a transaction with moneybookr then to withdraw but i dont have no money there and no credit card can somebody put 10$ on i put it on moneybookers i returne on mansion mansion back ( hesdsup )

Whell have a nice day and good luck :)
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi limeni333!

I think you should leave your bankroll at one poker room and concentrate on building your bankroll. I hope that you keep moving up back to 300 and more.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • limeni333
      limeni333
      Bronze
      Thanks for good wishes! I just changed my strategy from win as much as posible to lose as little as possible. I must say a big change is noticed :9

Here u can look how stupid sometimes i am. He even let me check :)

BlackFishy : Post Blind ($0,15)
      King_Bucky : Post Blind ($0,25)
      Dealt to LimenkoAA: 9d
      Dealt to LimenkoAA: Kd
      *** Pre-Flop *** :
      dinulya : Fold
      Mr_Suko1 : Fold
      LimenkoAA : Bet ($1)
      Squirt_08 : Fold
      BlackFishy : Call ($0,85)
      King_Bucky : Fold
      *** Flop *** : 10h 7d 2d