Limeni's Poker story

• limeni333
      limeni333
      Bronze
      Hello

First to say my name is Simon and i come from Slovenia. If you dont know where this is you look on the map. We are small, but u shouldnt have problems locating it :) tip: it's in Europe :) tip2: its not SLOVAKIA

But enough of this we are here about poker!

I started to play poker 2 years ago. First i played a lot of play money games then lost all free bakrolls i could get also on my sisters names :) ( i have 3 od them ) then when i ran out of free bankrlls i started to dopist my own money. I dont know the precise amonnt but im sure it was at least 300$.
      Because there was no profit i quite for about half year. there was also a obsesion problem there. my record was playing 35 hourse without eating, i didnt wanna miss no hand! ( i know is sounds sick, and if you belive me it was :)
      But thrue all this hours of playin poker i get the feeling for poker but i didnt have no strategy. ( bankroll managment - playing to big tables, playing to bad starting hand for expaple 9qs was a good hand for me. I also won 2 freeroles with 1500 players and was once 2.

Ok enough about the past, we c
      an only learn something from our mistakes.

MY friend told me about the Pokerstrategy.com and i loged in i opened account on Manison ( it's the only software i wasnt looged on jet :) and started to play.

I read the strategy articles, and i must say it helped me a lot.

I started with short stack strategy on table ( 0,05 - 0,10 ) wich i modified a bit but not much. In few days i had 100$ but then it was a downswing to 40$ not because of bad luck but of more loose play and because of terrible players who plays everything, and its not hard to be cracked down.
      So i moved to ( 0,10 - 0,15 ) there are still a lot of calling stations here, but its ok for me i earn money on them :)
      Now i've been playing for about 2 weeks and i am on 210$ ( in the past i could earn this in a 1 or 2 hours but i lost it next half hour )
      My strategy is to go in with 5$ i play a litlle more conservative BSS and go of the table when i have 10 or in last times when i have 20-30 ( it depends how confident i feel on the table )

The only thing that bothers me is that i noticed that i cant win no s'n'g more here is my stats
      24 played 3 won 21 lost - 33,50 $
      So i dont play them a lot anymore! But i must say that s'n'g were my speciality in the past. Maybe because i was more relaxed and got better feeling.
      Well i thing this will go better to.

Well enough for today.
  • 16 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi limeni333!

Nice read! I recommend that you focus on one type of poker: cash game short stack strategy, cash game big stack strategy or sngs. Since you are a beginner I recommend the short stack strategy. Stick to it 100% (and I mean 100%! No modified version), post hands and watch our coachings. It's the best strategy to learn the game and make profit simultaneously. If you want to play sngs I think it's best for you to wait one more week because we will publish 9 new strategy articles for sngs. Whatever you play:

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • zibbygt
      zibbygt
      Bronze
      hello to slovenia ;)

Lep pozdrav (it means have a nice day in Slovenian language :D )
    • debelinko
      debelinko
      Bronze
      Pictures of sisters or it didn't happen!
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Originally posted by debelinko
      Pictures of sisters or it didn't happen!

I know slovenia, but some bad experiences from online gaming with them. All lil whiner kids and fishermen it seems, up to you to change that! :P
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      my record was playing 35 hourse without eating

you look like this?

• limeni333
      limeni333
      Bronze
      I could look like that if i would continue the sessions i had back than :) but now i look pretty good :)

I just have a down swing to 170$ this weeend i dont know but i think this was the last weeken i played on manison, because i noticed that there is so more fishes on Mansion in weekend cracks from all over! I can belive i have High triplet on floop i go all in man cals me and he get 2 more colurs on turn and river, he was drawin belly button straight ?!!!! and had so more bad cracks!

I have one more question

I dont know how to play High pocket pairs, should i rasie a lot or should i slow play pre floop than aggresive on floop. Cause if i rise 1 - 1,5 evreybody fold if i pay 0,5 - 0.8 verybody calls ( i play NL15 )

Well share you way of playing High pocket pairs with me and let me know how sucsefull you are ?

Enough for today.
    • Laurenz1988
      Laurenz1988
      Bronze
      uhm, ur like how old?

btw wouldnt really post pics of my sister on a public forum, dunno if she would appreciate it.

And btw, never slowplay high pocket pairs.

Raise them enough that the preflop pot (ur raise +their calls +blinds) is about 1/6th of the remaining cash in ur stack.

If u do that u cant reallty go wrong postflop.
    • limeni333
      limeni333
      Bronze
      My bakroll is rissing curently at 260$ i talk to you wen i reach 400$ And a tip for mansion users. If u dont like bad cracks dont play at weekends.
    • luxdelux
      luxdelux
      Bronze
      you know you have to be 18 in order to play poker :evil:
    • limeni333
      limeni333
      Bronze
      I just turend 23 in 5th of january :) picure is old because i dont want guys jurking on my sisters! I already try to erase the picuture but i dont know how? any suggestions ?
    • luxdelux
      luxdelux
      Bronze
      i would try to edit post
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      done
    • limeni333
      limeni333
      Bronze
      Tnaks Puschkin81
    • limeni333
      limeni333
      Bronze
      Hello i just sufferd a downswing from 300 to 200 i dont know every time i get the limit 100 i get a downswing i had i so much bad luck. sumtimes i think that manison is doing on purpose! :)

But enyway i am back on 240 with little more luck.

I put some money on partypoker and played 2 hours and i think its horrible,

I have some problems becuse all pokerrooms require a transaction with moneybookr then to withdraw but i dont have no money there and no credit card can somebody put 10$ on i put it on moneybookers i returne on mansion mansion back ( hesdsup )

Whell have a nice day and good luck :)
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi limeni333!

I think you should leave your bankroll at one poker room and concentrate on building your bankroll. I hope that you keep moving up back to 300 and more.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • limeni333
      limeni333
      Bronze
      Thanks for good wishes! I just changed my strategy from win as much as posible to lose as little as possible. I must say a big change is noticed :9

Here u can look how stupid sometimes i am. He even let me check :)

BlackFishy : Post Blind ($0,15)
      King_Bucky : Post Blind ($0,25)
      Dealt to LimenkoAA: 9d
      Dealt to LimenkoAA: Kd
      *** Pre-Flop *** :
      dinulya : Fold
      Mr_Suko1 : Fold
      LimenkoAA : Bet ($1)
      Squirt_08 : Fold
      BlackFishy : Call ($0,85)
      King_Bucky : Fold
      *** Flop *** : 10h 7d 2d