MSS QQ is killing me!

• xxbeanxx
      xxbeanxx
      Bronze
      I played a session today where I had QQ 7 times. Each time except once I got it all in preflop. Once I was facing JJ, all the other times I was facing KK or AA and managed to spike a set once. It seems to me that raise/shoving from MP+ is a losing strategy. Am I playing them wrong or something?
  • 4 replies
    • pyure
      pyure
      Bronze
      Hah, I know the feeling, believe me, but if you're following the strategy then QQ will be a long term winner for you.
      I don't know if you're using elephant or some type of tracker software but if you are you can check how much you're winning or losing with each starting hand type.
      I just had a quick look at how qq has been doing for me recently and it turns out in pure monetary terms it's my most profitable hand:
      QQ dealt 103 times from 22,525, win % 83.50, bb won 579.8.
    • xxbeanxx
      xxbeanxx
      Bronze
      You are right.. I just checked my stats and I am +1.3 BB/hand with QQ.

I just hate getting 3-bet when I have QQ because it seems I am very rarely ahead.
    • MathhNes
      MathhNes
      Bronze
      I think being static thinking that you allways have to raise / shove QQ from MP is a mistake allthough you should still have it as your standard and then be folding in spots where you have reads on your opponents (very tight player reraising your UTG open etc)
    • mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      One adjustment to the chart I think I will apply is when we 3bet and a player, not the first raiser, open 4bets and the first raiser does not fold then I believe we can find a fold.

This situation should be the same as if there had been more than one raiser before us and we should only continue with KK+. The thing is we not going to see two under pairs.