• 15 replies
    • tryhardnoob
      tryhardnoob
      Bronze
      when u start shitting brix
    • sindeon
      sindeon
      Bronze
      What is the recommended stop loss PokerStrategy MSS?

I don´t think there is any recommendation. It totally depends on you. ;)

when u start shitting brix

LOL! ...but I think it´s tooo late. :f_biggrin:

Cheers,
      Ondra
    • Fantasy99
      Fantasy99
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sindeon

YES, but BSS stop loss 2 buy-in (Phil Ivey).

What could be MSS stop loss limit 500bb or 3, 4 MSS stack?

What is the opinion of the coaches PokerStrategy?
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Fantasy99
      Originally posted by sindeon

YES, but BSS stop loss 2 buy-in (Phil Ivey).

What could be MSS stop loss limit 500bb or 3, 4 MSS stack?

What is the opinion of the coaches PokerStrategy?
      The pulling the ripcord article says 3 buyins I tend to stick with that :P
    • tryhardnoob
      tryhardnoob
      Bronze
      go read somnious neuropsychology, he basically says when you start feeling down you should stop.
    • sindeon
      sindeon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tryhardnoob
      go read somnious neuropsychology, he basically says when you start feeling down you should stop.
      Yeah, I´m afraid that "Neuropsychology" by Somnius is unfortunately out of our bronze/silver status reach...

But it would be interesting reading, because I do it same way without reading this articles...I´d like to know what´s behind this advice. ;)

Cheers,
      Ondra
    • tryhardnoob
      tryhardnoob
      Bronze
      Ohhh, though it was basic

It's cause we you starting to feel bad its cause you run low on seretonin in ur brain which will happen when you see something you dont like. When you run low on seretonin you dont think straight and also have much harder to memorize stuff and such.

Some people are not so vunerable to losing they can go 10BIs before they start feeling down and others only need to lose 1BI and they feel down.

when u start feeling down its called "soft tilt".
      "Hard tilt" is when you go crazy and throw stuff around. You should deffinetly not play then :D
    • sindeon
      sindeon
      Bronze
      Ohhh, though it was basic

Nice one... :f_biggrin: Someday it happens to me either, hopefully. ;)

It's cause we you starting to feel bad its cause you run low on seretonin in ur brain which will happen when you see something you dont like.

As I anticipated...but it´s necessary to know how this works and even better is to know, how to raise serotonin level up again. But I´m not surprised to see educational material of this quality level here. Looking forward to be gold... :f_cool:

Cheers,
      Ondra
    • tryhardnoob
      tryhardnoob
      Bronze
      If you wanna raise the seretonin level you should exercise, eat food with high trypophan like corn or chickpeas, get good sleep.

After a bad dag I guess you can watch a funny family guy episode or something and you will have good seretonin again, whatever makes you feel better.

Seretonin get lowered cause your mind thinks there is something "you need" like when we lived in caves we got low seretonin when we were hungry. when we went and catch some food it got raised up again, it was mostly that basic stuff to help us stay alive. A good thing that you can do is probably sit back and relax and then think that you already have everything you need to have inorder to survive

Damn my english skills sux :s_mad:
    • sindeon
      sindeon
      Bronze
      Hey,

I like your english...maybe it´s because I´m also not a native speaker (and my english sucks a lot), I understand you perfectly! ;)

Serotonin is called as a "hormone of happines" and that´s reason for this (agree with everything you have posted)...but why dont´t to say it clearly - the best way how to 3-bet your serotonin level is sex. :f_cool: If you need to concentrate on smth, to learn smth fast...just get laid...it´ll boost your serotonin level up. I like this kind of scientific attitude. :D

Cheers,
      Ondra

btw, if you´ve mentioned it...STEWIE FTW :f_biggrin:

• Fantasy99
      Fantasy99
      Bronze
      Neuropsychology nothing wrong with the idea of ​​a good mind to come back and good game

I like the loss limit just because it soothes the mind and provide a better way to dispose of less.

Works for me, not necessarily all.

Poker is basically a case of win some money and dispose of as little as possible.
    • marlonmlk
      marlonmlk
      Bronze
      Doesn't matter how many hands I play, I always stop at 4 or 5bi.
    • foulkezboyz
      foulkezboyz
      Bronze
      i personally stop if i fall 200BB's below my thing, this has never happened thus far but i came close at 192 once, and i literally felt like utter shit but a couple lucky hands pulled me closer to even and got me back on even ground.

I Also like to stop if i lose 3.5 buyins from where i was.

for example if im doing goood and im rolling it in, i get up 5 buy ins for my session.

if i were to drop down to 1.5buyins up ill stop because im spewing chips and its unhealthy and if ive been up and then im down i still feel bad.

For example today i played 1000k hands of 1/2NL cruising through taking an alright winrate, ended up 3dollars up, and was rolled for 2/5NL, so i cruised into that and began to stack left and right, i went up 7 dollars in around 250 hands, but i lost 1.5 buyins after the next 50 hands and felt pretty shitty about it, i was not on tilt but i just felt uncomfortable and not in great mood.

i stopped play and left atleast for a good 20 min break.

NOW BACK TO THE GRINNNND!
    • AKM247
      AKM247
      Bronze
      I think you meant today you played 1k hands? ?(
    • foulkezboyz
      foulkezboyz
      Bronze
      i think your right :P

is that even possible though.

EDIT: no it isnt i said 1000k hands thats ridiculous. 100,000 hands however.