The "Book v.E."

• Densyosh
      Densyosh
      Bronze
      Hello..

Here is the only rule for you people on this blog: correct me..
      Please, quote me each time you'll see a mystake in my sentences..
      Here is an exemple..

Originally posted by Densyosh
      Here is an example..
      I will realy appreciate..

I am french.. I am a bit more than 30 years old..

After school, I used to study english language by myself but i so much have to improve every day that THIS is one of the option i founded, to make an english blog..

I apologize for all grammatical and vocabulary errors i will make in each sentences but i think it s by making errors than human beeing improves himself..

Well, I also have to say that i never went anywhere else on this english forum so i don't know anything about your technical language, but I'm here to learn.. (and to discover..)

I play Online poker from something like 2 years..

Actually, I play NL, FL, PLO, but they are the only games we can play in France since the new law.. No Stud or Draw allowed here.. (stupid country, yeah, I say it..!! anyway..)

My main short purpose is to earn 5K€ BR to start with a new phylosophy and go by crushing the limits faster than from now.. I began on my room (Party Poker.fr) last august with a 50€ deposit (and a added bonus 50+40€) but with a lot of cash-out I still can't have this 5K€ BR..
      I used to play a lot on micro stakes because i started from the minimum deposit each time, and i still have no experience on higher, even if i'm a winner player..

As i lost so many hands on my computer, i realy focus on this year and now i can follow it with my tracker and share it with people..

So.. This is my beginning..
      This is my English Book..

Dens"Yosh"
  • 79 replies
    • Densyosh
      Densyosh
      Bronze

PLO

NL

FL

• Densyosh
      Densyosh
      Bronze
      Yeah, here is a little update for this Book..

Well, i would say i use to play a lot of PLO 25 in these days..
      I started it last month and i had a 15 (euh, how do you say "cave" in english..? I mean buy-in..) si lost something like 350€..
      Now i play realy better and i am something like -115€, - 4.5 caves (buy in)

I also use to play FL 0.25/0.50€ and 0.5/1€ but omaha takes me a lot of time..

I apologyze again for my terrific english, i know i am here to improve.. So, hepl me please.. =)

PLO

This year.. (but realy last month and this one)

All games, this year..

I'm big break even from two months, that's realy boring.. :(
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Hello Den, seems you are doing awesome.

Your English is pretty good for the most part, I don't know what you mean by 'cave' though we call it a buy-in also. :) There are a few spelling mistakes, but I don't like to assume you'd like to be corrected and sound out-of-line. But happy to help you with them if you wish. :)

Best of luck, will follow your progress :)
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hey Den

Nice blog and good luck with the grind, and with improving your English!

I'm back playing FL again (was my main game for a couple of years) after taking a bath learning PLO at PLO5. PLO is a sick game, fun, but sick!

OlivierLu used to have a blog in the English community forum. He was a FL player from the French community who had reasonable success at low stakes. Hopefully you can follow in his footsteps!

Take care! :f_cool:
    • Densyosh
      Densyosh
      Bronze
      Hey, thank you guys for your.. euh.. welcome..(?) lol
      Yep, i realy appreciate it..

MrMardyBum:
      thank you, you make me blush but i know i have a very big lack of vocabulary and i make so much grammatical errors that i feel ashamed..
      I swear, if you could fix my post on my spelling mistakes, i would be very pleased.. ^^
      What we call "cave" is a buy-in specialy for cash-game, and we say buy-in for MTT and SNG.. (yes, i know, french people are weird.. :facepalm: lol)

Waiboy:
      Thank you too.. ^^
      I agree, PLO is a sick game, but you know, as a french people i'm forced to play on .fr network and so just against french players.. It's like a.. well.. I have no word to describe it, and this time is not because of a lack of vocabulary lol..
      It's like the sea.. the ocean, so many fishes.. so many whales..

Yes i know Olivier, we had some chaotic tchats on the french forum lol but i respect him as a very good player.. I didn't know he had a blog here..

I will post some results later..

See ya'..

:)
    • Densyosh
      Densyosh
      Bronze
      NL

Funny hand from yesterday.. :D

Party Poker $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 3 players -

BTN: $26.00 - VPIP: 18, PFR: 6, 3B: 1, AF: 1.8, Hands: 1260
      SB: $14.39 - VPIP: 86, PFR: 57, 3B: 0, AF: 2.5, Hands: 7
      Hero (BB): $25.00

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB
      1 fold, SB calls $0.15, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.50) 8 :spade: 3 :club: 6 :heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.25, Hero raises to $0.75, SB calls $0.50

Turn: ($2.00) J :spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.50, SB calls $1.50

River: ($5.00) 4 :spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $2.33, Hero raises to $6.25, SB raises to $11.89, Hero calls $5.64

Final Pot: $28.78
      SB mucks 5 :heart: 7 :heart:
      Hero shows 5 :spade: 3 :spade: :f_eek:
      Hero wins $26.87
      (Rake: $1.91)

:s_biggrin:
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      how did I miss your blog?! :f_ugly:

subscribe =)
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      hey dude, welcome to the english community.

I am also French but have never read anything on the French forums!!

In fact it was quite funny when I played poker in France for the first time because I didnt know the French vocabulary (learned how to play in Ireland), like usual counter intuitive french translations like cave for rebuy etc...

Anyway GL with your game.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey pretty nice that you are a winner at different variations of poker.

Got some really good writing tekkahs going on too.

• purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi Densyosh,

welcome to the english community! it's not that common to see someone play so many different variants of the game. but it seems like you're pwning FL really hard. that is one awesome graph.

anyway im glad you've joined us here. your english isn't bad at all. certainly 1million times better than my french :D

Smiles,
      Wendy
    • Densyosh
      Densyosh
      Bronze
      Heeeey, thank you everybody, realy..!!! :s_love:

Well, i'm going to try to anwswer to everyone, i have nothing to do tomorrow so that's good, it can take me one day.. lol

Ingrid:
      I don't know how you missed it.. Or maybe because it doesn't exist for more than a few days.. :D
      More serious, do you have an option to suscribe to the blogs on this community..? I think we don't have this on the french one..
      And you, do you have a blog..?

Dublimax:
      Hey lol, that's so funny to meet a french here and to speak in english, but i guess i'm far from having your skill.. I hope you will help me on some words that i don't understand..
      I will follow your blog too.. ^^

pleno1:
      Thank you..^^ I try but it's not so easy for me in NL, i don't know why.. I just know i have to work a lot to make my game be realy better and winner.. I'm just break even this year..
      What means "Got some really good writing tekkahs <-- going on too."..?

Wendy:
      Thank you.. FL is my game, i think i have it in blood lol.. But you know, here in France people play mainly NL, and FL has a very very short field and seems to be on its last days.. That's horrible for me and for all the FL french players.. So i have to play other games to survive..
      As a french player i realy feel in a prison.. :s_cry: I would like SO MUCH to play AGAIN on the .com (this is like a dream..) to play stud, razz and any game i want but I m forced to play NL against only french people.. I become crazy.. lol

So i think i'm still french but not for a long time lol.. I hate my country so much right now for so much reasons that i'm realy pleased by this welcome from everyone of you..
      I hope it's not a big problem if sometimes i write some french words when i don't know the translation, maybe someone will understand it and give me the translation.. :)
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Densyosh
      Ingrid:
      I don't know how you missed it.. Or maybe because it doesn't exist for more than a few days.. :D
      More serious, do you have an option to suscribe to the blogs on this community..? I think we don't have this on the french one..
      And you, do you have a blog..?
      No blog yet, but maybe one day I'll start one as well... :] I probably should actually.

Yes, you can add it to your favorites... Guess the French Community has the same option as well, right? How does it work?

- Choose your desired blog/thread/post etc...
      - Click on the "Add thread to favorites" in the top right corner of the page
      - Go to your favorites here and turn on email notification for that thread or all existing threads which you have been replied to

You'll manage?
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      wow i didnt know french people cant play with anybody else in the world. that does seem quite limiting.
      [ ] globalization?
    • Densyosh
      Densyosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngridN
      No blog yet, but maybe one day I'll start one as well... :] I probably should actually.

Yes, you can add it to your favorites... Guess the French Community has the same option as well, right? How does it work?

- Choose your desired blog/thread/post etc...
      - Click on the "Add thread to favorites" in the top right corner of the page
      - Go to your favorites here and turn on email notification for that thread or all existing threads which you have been replied to

You'll manage?
      Oh damn, i'm so idiot, i never saw this option.. :s_o:
      Of course the french community has the same option..
      Thank you..

Now you you have to start your blog and then i can try this option here.. :D
    • Densyosh
      Densyosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by purplefizz
      wow i didnt know french people cant play with anybody else in the world. that does seem quite limiting.
      [ ] globalization?
      It's awful..
      On my room, the biggest MTT's field i played was something like 160 players.. :s_confused:

There are biggest fields on some other rooms but it's not wonderful..

The worst thing is that foreigner people can come on the french rooms but french players can't play anywhere else.. It realy looks like a North Korea's jail.. :(

PS: i don't know what means "globalization"..
    • Densyosh
      Densyosh
      Bronze
      NL

Party Poker $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players -

UTG: $28.47 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 13, 3B: 7, AF: 2.5, Hands: 426
      MP: $87.55 - VPIP: 42, PFR: 25, 3B: 3, AF: 1.0, Hands: 115
      CO: $25.00 - VPIP: 18, PFR: 13, 3B: 2, AF: 1.9, Hands: 216
      BTN: $36.42 - VPIP: 61, PFR: 9, 3B: 0, AF: 3.0, Hands: 100
      SB: $7.18 - VPIP: 18, PFR: 4, 3B: 0, AF: 6.0, Hands: 45
      Hero (BB): $25.00

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB
      UTG raises to $1, 2 folds, BTN calls $1, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.75

Flop: ($3.10) 8 :spade: J :club: 8 :heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG checks, BTN bets $1.45, Hero calls $1.45, UTG calls $1.45

Turn: ($7.45) 9 :heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG checks, BTN checks

River: ($7.45) 5 :heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.75, UTG raises to $5.50, BTN folds, Hero raises to $11.25, UTG raises to $26.02, Hero calls $11.30 all in

Final Pot: $52.55
      UTG shows 8 :diamond: 8 :club: <-------- :s_o:
      Hero shows J :diamond: J :spade: <-------- :s_confused:
      UTG wins $49.05
      (Rake: $3.50)

:s_cry:
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Ouch JJ hand is a big time cooler for sure. Unlucky dude.

I'd probably 3-bet pre-flop though with JJ at a SH table, get him folding all those suited Ax hands and try to play the fish heads up in a 3-bet pot, maybe OOP but think at 61/9 it's not going to hurt us that much, not sure UTG folds 88 but still just the way I would play :)
    • Densyosh
      Densyosh
      Bronze
      You're right, i SHOULD have 3bet pre-flop but..

This session was horrible.. I had nothing to play and the only hands i had 3bet pre-flop were destroyed (QQ <-- AQ = A on flop/ QQ <-- 88 = 8 on flop)
      I didn't want to play a big pot (lol) in this position versus this first raiser because he raised UTG and was solid player.. When BTN calls i can call and try to trap..
      In this position and with this hand i was ready to fold on flop, so i just wanted to catch a set..

I did better..

lol
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Yeah once you get to flop there is no way pretty much every player isn't going broke. Can't ever put your opponent on quads.