BTN ($8.05)

Dealt to Hero 9:spade: A:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.35, fold, fold, BB calls $0.25

FLOP ($0.75) 2:diamond: T:spade: 8:spade:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.50, BB calls $0.50

TURN ($1.75) 2:diamond: T:spade: 8:spade: Q:club:

BB checks, Hero bets $1.09, BB raises to $4.19 (AI), Hero folds

BB wins $3.74

Opponent is relatively unknown - 127 hands - 12/10 - FTS 100% - FtCB 50%.

Couldn't really put him on a hand here other than J,9, possibly Q,T although given previous history (as small as it maybe) I still had a hard time putting him on either of these - So I came to the conclusion he had a set or a possible FD with a Q? (K,Q maybe?) What do you think, right to fold? Should I have given up when the turn was a blank for me?
  • 2 replies
    • MrMardyBum
      Or possibly Js,Ks....
    • veriz
      Hello MrMardyBum,

Good to see old names posting again their hands! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future, so we will be able to help you fix your leaks and as well help move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

About the hand:
      With the stack size I would say he ain't that great player therefore I might even sometimes just Check behind on turn if I don't see much fold equity to have there. Although definitely the Q is pretty decent card to barrel and yes, I would likely as well fold to the raise. You were very likely beat there, could easily be some set even and of course straights are possible and so on.

Best regards.