[NL2-NL10] 3bet OOP then hitting the flop

• mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      What do I do If I 3bet OOP with AJ and then hitting the flop?

The hand below is a sample of a number of hands I have played in this fashion:

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $7.90
      BU:
      $10.94
      SB:
      $4.65
      BB (Hero):
      $4.71
      UTG1:
      $9.50
      UTG2:
      $21.17
      MP1:
      $5.41
      MP2:
      $10.30
      MP3:
      $23.24

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, J.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.10, MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $0.45, MP3 calls $0.45, 3 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, 2 folds, MP3 calls $1.05.

Flop: ($3.6) 8, A, T (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.21, MP3 calls $3.21.

Turn: ($10.02) 5 (2 players)

River: ($10.02) 3 (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.02.
      Results follow:

MP3 shows a pair of aces(K A).
      Hero shows a pair of aces(A J).

MP3 wins with a pair of aces(K A).

Preflop: It is a std 3bet/sqz situation. I think my bet was maybe a bit to small and should have been more like $1.7.
      Flop: AFAIK if you 3bet and get called and your hand improves on the flop then you must bet. The pot is more than my stack so I ship.

If I bet half pot ($1.8) and villian ships I will get 5:1. Can I fold then?

Looking at my Database at all the hands I 3bet preflop with AJ and was allin on the flop:
      Rush - 45% equity ( to my surprise but maybe something to do with the fact that I hit toppair more than 60% of these hands)
      ALL HANDS - 33% equity
  • 5 replies
    • mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      Sorry I posted in wrong threat please move it to the MSS.

TY
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello mineriva,

Preflop: While playing MSS, you should fold such hands as AJo without any good information.

As played
      Postflop: Not much to say, I would likely go broke here as well as you went for 3bet.

Best regards.
    • mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      TY Veriz for the comment. Side point: according to the "Basic MSS" chart we must 3bet with AJos after MP2 open raised. Personally I am considering an adjustment here and that is one of the reasons for posting the hand. That is the main reason why it is imperative that this hand be posted in the MSS forum.

PLZ move to the MSS.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by mineriva
      TY Veriz for the comment. Side point: according to the "Basic MSS" chart we must 3bet with AJos after MP2 open raised. Personally I am considering an adjustment here and that is one of the reasons for posting the hand. That is the main reason why it is imperative that this hand be posted in the MSS forum.

PLZ move to the MSS.
      Myself I can't move the hands, but I will definitely ask that hand to be moved. Don't worry. :)

But just gave my side of the comments while they hands hopped into BSS. :D But yes, you can 3bet there, although I would rather prefer to do it against some kind of known opponents (rather not loose ones, who are capable of calling light). And usually when you get called then you often dominated by better hands.

And postflop play is sometimes tricky as well. When you even get Called on those kind of board, I would rather let himself hang his hand and ship it. Therefore you could just Check/Call against him while he might have hard time Calling with worse PPs.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      <Moved to MSS>