[NL2-NL10] trouble-some hands for me...

• sokoi
      sokoi
      Bronze
      I'll be posting quite a few here, these are hands I believe I have a lot of trouble, but in this situation could I have done anything different? His numbers Vpip/PFR 17/10 after 49 hands I'm around 15/13

On the flop at most I'm giving him Ace Jack as he didn't ReR PF On the flop my thinking was if i bet he's calling with A high (right thinking?) The turn comes and his flat call again makes me think just an 2PTK (ace) but I have his 2P crushed. So i'm thinking after reviewing this hand myself there was no other way to get off this hand? the 4 fills the board and he cks behind. Anything I could have done differently??

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $5.00
      CO:
      $5.79
      BU:
      $5.38
      SB:
      $4.53
      BB:
      $5.80
      UTG2:
      $4.55
      MP1 (Hero):
      $3.64
      MP2:
      $4.34

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 8, 8.
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.17, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.17, 4 folds, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.41) 4, 4, T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.35, MP3 calls $0.35.

Turn: ($1.11) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, MP3 calls $1.00.

River: ($3.11) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Final Pot: $3.11.
      Results follow:

MP3 shows a full-house, fours full of aces(A A).
      Hero shows a full-house, fours full of tens(8 8).

MP3 wins with a full-house, fours full of aces(A A).
  • 5 replies
    • sokoi
      sokoi
      Bronze
      This hand makes me scratch my head cause I probably shouldn't have been in this hand but this table had a high rate of OL/Limpers one's I felt with Vpips over 50+ not alot of PFR. Flop was pretty week didn't feel anyone had anything and I didn't feel the need to CB the flop because it was 3 way. The Q on the turn was clearly in my mind my saving grace and I wanted out of this pot fast and thought a shove would do it, but as you can see the end result was a set slow played from the flop.

checking my Q possibly next time in situation with TPTK I probably could have seen the river cheaply and got out luckily or (un-luckly again) I make a set but it's beat'n to death by 6's over Q's.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $9.75
      BB:
      $5.31
      UTG1:
      $6.62
      UTG2:
      $10.88
      MP1:
      $8.49
      MP2 (Hero):
      $8.39
      MP3:
      $5.95
      CO:
      $4.65
      BU:
      $9.85

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q, K.
      UTG1 raises to $0.50, UTG2 calls $0.50, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, 2 folds, BU calls $1.50, 3 folds, UTG2 calls $1.00.

Flop: ($5.35) 5, 6, T (3 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($5.35) Q (3 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $4.50, BU folds, UTG2 raises to $9.00, Hero calls $2.39.

River: ($21.24) Q (2 players)

Final Pot: $21.24.
      Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, queens(Q K).
      UTG2 shows a full-house, sixes full of queens(6 6).

UTG2 wins with a full-house, sixes full of queens(6 6).
    • mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      Hand 1:

I have found that raising 3bb preflop is better than raising "pot". I dont believe that 1/2BB makes that big difference but my results are better.

On the flop I bet a bit less. Somewhere between $0.22-$.25. We dont want to give to much to a hand that has us beat and we want overcards to make a mistake.

When he calls our cbet I think we done with the hand unless we spike our 2 outer.

The turn bet is IMHO spew. Unless we think he may have TJ and fold.

I love the way he checks behind on the river.

Hand 2:

I guess you know you should fold preflop or if we going to 3bet then I think we should make it $2.

I check the flop.

I bet less on the turn. Something like $3.5.

Then he c/r: Here the std chart tells us to fold top pair to a raise. That having been said I think I also call here because his line ( minraise preflop then check the flop and check/raise the turn) looks a lot like a FD.

Looking at these two hands I want to make a guess that you are betting a bit to big post flop. I had the same problem and found making my bets a bit smaller my profit increased. Look at all your hands where you raised preflop and bet at least 2 streets postflop, without being allin, and went to showdown. If you not winning more than 50% of these hands then you betting to much post flop.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Heyhello!

Welcome on the hand judgings forum.
      can you please maintain the 1 thread = 1 hand rule? this prevents the thread to become too chaotic if one posts multiple hands

Anyways with the Pocket eights in your first post, I think putting people on an exact hand is not good because one should always put someone on a hand range. For simplicity sake we can say that betting the Flop is ok but I will mostly give up on the Turn here

In hand 2 with the KQo, I would not bet that very high on the Turn, 55% pot is sufficient enough to get enough value against a wider range

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • sokoi
      sokoi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Heyhello!

Welcome on the hand judgings forum.
      can you please maintain the 1 thread = 1 hand rule? this prevents the thread to become too chaotic if one posts multiple hands

Anyways with the Pocket eights in your first post, I think putting people on an exact hand is not good because one should always put someone on a hand range. For simplicity sake we can say that betting the Flop is ok but I will mostly give up on the Turn here

In hand 2 with the KQo, I would not bet that very high on the Turn, 55% pot is sufficient enough to get enough value against a wider range

Best regards,
      Gerv
      Thanks Gerv, I try and get in on your coaching sessions on SSS and try and implement that as best as I can. It was last weeks session I stated you make it look so easy but yet when I hit the tables and take what I've learned it's turned disasterous as of late. I had some luck earlier but have hit the worst slump I've ever had. Playing micro stakes is killing me as of late and I'm not sure where I'm going wrong. Going over most my hands on HEM I think im' being overly aggro with mid pairs and just coming up short with my monsters being a victum of the dreaded river. KK/QQ/JJ etc. to AK's if lucky or Ax rags. I seem to be on the losing end to the open limpers and limpers. I don't allow them too but yet they will call everything. Hopefully my next BR re-load i'll have better luck i dunno.
      Appreciate the feedback and as always look forward to when I can get on and catch a SSS coaching lesson!
    • sokoi
      sokoi
      Bronze
      Looking at these two hands I want to make a guess that you are betting a bit to big post flop. I had the same problem and found making my bets a bit smaller my profit increased. Look at all your hands where you raised preflop and bet at least 2 streets postflop, without being allin, and went to showdown. If you not winning more than 50% of these hands then you betting to much post flop.[/quote]Thanks for the feedback, I used to be doing 4bs PF but wasn't getting much action with that. But even just 3.5B I'm still coming up short. I'll try and remember the advice. I think rather know now by reviewing similiar hands I'm aggro with the mid-pairs so i'm going to slow down there and hopefully hit my 2 outers on the flop or see a cheap turn if not i guess i'm bailing out. Its been a rough lesson and hopefully my next go around will be profitable.