8BI in 2 Days

• TeddyTaiwan
      Hi guys, recently I seemed to be on an upswing placing in freerolls and doing well at the tables, but these past couple of days I've lost it all back about 8BI in 2days.

I don't know whether I should give poker a rest for a couple of days or keep coming back and trying to grind back up?

Any thoughts?
  • 6 replies
    • Econom1sta
      Must..........brake...............even. -----------------------> bust. :s_evil:
    • evertonroar
      yes. my thoughts are that it is 8bi and completely normal. if you are using brm, this is a very small portion of your stack. if you are enjoying playing and feel you are playing well then there is no reason to stop. If you are that worried about 8BI you are in for a shock if you keep playing (its standard for even the best players to go on 30-40 BI downsings, especially in sng's and tournaments.

You said you have done well in free rolls. if your confidence is down, why not stick to these for a bit?

or stop playing and instead work on your game, review some hands plug some leaks
    • TeddyTaiwan
      I am using BRM i guess its just a let down I started with my starting capital and lost about half and then got so close to bringing back up to $50 so i can continue to increase my BR but not its just dropped heaps again -__-,

Thanks for the advice though much appreciated.

• VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Do you have a stop-loss limit?
      I use 2BI on a single table, or 4BI for a session.

When it happens, I take a couple of days and play on Party or Stars or freerolls, but if you go deep in a freeroll, (on Full Tilt) it can take you 7 hours or more and you still might not get much -- other than the good feeling that it really isn't you.

Or is it?
      I got within 25bb of my 4BI limit tonight, but 3 big losses were stupidly overlooking details.

I settled down and came back.

Do you do session reviews of your losing sessions?
      Post histories for evaluation. It helps

• TeddyTaiwan
      I usually got with a 2BI stop loss. This was over the a couple of days my quality hands weren't holding up and just wasn't flopping or drawing anything was just a crap days i guess cards weren't going my way either.

I can settle down its not like i'm on tilt I know when to make my folds but just when i'm playing with decent hands I'm not hitting anything... even if I'm playing a draw never seemed to come my way...

I do some hand evaluations, probably should get to posting them on the hand evaluation forum.
    • sinsas
      -15 BI in 1 day ( SnG DoN in WillH ) did not really thought it is possible to have such a run of bad luck on DoN's... gave them a rest played 2 MTT's
      1 - ended in floped straight , got it allin on flop, got rivered by a 2 pair. like 20ppl left to be ITM
      2 - ended in a dramatic fashion AA vs KK got it allin pre flop against chip leader(me being 3rd stack at that moment) after he did huge 3-bet overbet pre flop, he floped quads and that was it ( 6 places left until ITM )

now im giving a rest for poker until next's week rake chase in WillH , will do deposit to get a bonus and get double acion from rake chase and bonus money