mattisks
      Bronze
      NEW PLAN (smaller fish)

PLAN UPDATED
      -------------------------------------------------->
      :diamond: Keep improving my game :heart: in process
      :diamond: Reading poker books & watch videos :heart: in process
      :diamond: Ideally multitabling 5 STTs/1MTT
      :diamond: ZOOM NL2 4 Tables (post-flop training purposes)
      :diamond: Finding sweat partner
      :diamond: Not using any HUDs :heart: done & works majic
      :diamond: I will play 0.25$/1$ STTs (BRM over 1000 :D ) & 1$ MTTs (taking shots in 11$s) & ZOOM NL 2 (1$ BI)

GOALs
      -------------------------------------------------->
      :spade: Finish in top 500 in Poker School Online Open League
      :spade: Moving up limits ASAP :heart: done faster than expected
      :spade: Dream of becoming poker coach
      :spade: Get BETTER and more CONFIDENT :s_evil:

BIT OF HU

Playing MTTs, STTs EXCLUSIVELY - I can't stand short-term variance in ZOOM cash games let alone waiting hours for tiny profit on side table and yet get outdrawn no matter how hard I try. My edge would be close to 0 plus my BR would need to be bigger and therefore I would have to risk bigger bankroll, experience tilts etc..
      Whereas Tourneys have all the aspects I can benefit from. I can use my reads the best, prize structure pays the most, on lowest limits I will likely have edge until around top 5 % of the field, so realistically even with high variance I can show some decent profits and lastly my BR can sustain more hits, plus I usually get lots of plays in before my BI expires.
      Main focus in this case will be on desired BI with desired blind structure MTTs will be preferred to STTs.

Building proper BRM for MTTs - Here I would like to pose question for you guys. What do you think is the lowest sustainable BR for tourneys. I know from experience on forums that proper BR would be somewhere around 100-200 BI min. I keep thinking though of taking shots, obviously. Main reason is that I feel too comfortable with fish on my current limit. And from my experience there is not many better players on limit next :f_biggrin: These guys might be playing spots for odds and try to justify calling off 22 with not enough Equity against tight player shove range, for example..

Taking shots - this plan is simple here. After winning a tourney, taking immediate shot in next available buy-in and after losing just one BI, dropping back. It might be bit of a hit, but if I catch a heater, I might be able to stay on the limit. You might say it is unrealistic target, but I really feel that with my current skills, I can eventually ship couple or win few extra buy-ins before I have to go back down, if I have to :)

Keep improving my game - as strange as this may sound, this is the easiest part. Simply by playing and knowing how to improve whilst playing. I expect to be improving drastically. Focus on table is the main thing in the concept..

Reading poker books - I totally don't understand some things as I am reading it now but somehow some concepts I have started to use, without realizing the influence of the material presented, figured some "standard" ranges for now and will be adjusting those ranges as I will learn how to exploit certain types of players.

Playing just one tourney at a time - whilst this is completely impossible, I will always keep main focus on table, where is most money at. Wherever I am buy-in for cash, I will keep focus on that table, unless I play somewhere else for more "free" money which at this point of my development might easily happen :s_evil:

Finding sweat partner - tough racquet but this is one of the main reasons I returned to this blog. And also to prove, that one player and person can change with deeper understanding to a game. It is not coincidence you see all those cool guys on TV being huge winners and calm at the same time. It takes understanding so you can become a winner. You can figure out by now, why Jamie Gold is considered by many a fish and why is he such a sore loser. Unfortunately same happens to Phil Hellmuth. He "used" to be the best but it was at the time where playing just cards was perfectly o.k. I am not trying to say Phil didn't have something extra to his wins that other players didn't. He certainly did! So if you are sore loser, feel free to get educated by myself :s_biggrin:

Not using any HUDs - this is personal decision. As stats may help, I am not interested in them. I will be more interested in how players play there hands rather than how many times they re-raise preflop :s_mad: . I may change this decision with higher levels knocking on my doors. And I probably will have to as I have noticed that really tough players are hard to read. Mainly because they don't show many of their hands and increase their stack with absolute consistency. This may not always be truth but hey. I've noticed certain pattern :P
      I would love to have free version of HEM as I think this would help me to get organized replaying my HHs, showing winrate and different graphs but as I say. Last thing I want to do is either pay for it or use it for lazy HUD purposes :) )

Finish in top 500 in Poker School Online Open League - Last month I have put volume in order to get into top 2000. This month I had some gaps due to my tilts (that luckily for my poker career has healed) but managed in last few tourneys to show back in top 2k and with 10 days to go, I have some space to squeeze in some lucky cashes and make it.. However I am realistic thinking that I will have to wait one more month.. In that time, even though it seems to be short now, I might be somewhere else with one lucky hit.. And playing PSO will be out-goaled by something much bigger and better.. :)
      Let's stay optimistic and realistic at the same time.. We have the edge ;)

Moving up limits ASAP - who wouldn't like that? LOL.. It should be piece of cake but I just hope it won't take forever..

STARTING BRM: 43.6 BI

It's time to stop posting and keep grinding.. I will come back minute I have some interesting hand to discuss or.. Some profit to show :)

Good luck to me & other grinders :f_love:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------> OMG
      ------------------------------------------------> WHAT A LOSER DOWN THERE...
      ________________________________PUT A LINE AND FORGET OLD ME
      ---------------------> SORRY EVERYONE WHO I ARGUED WITH <------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PERSONALITY PORTRAYED BELOW WAS OLD ME. I MIGHT NOT CHANGED AT ALL AS A PERSON BUT I EVOLVED AS A POKER PLAYER SO I HOPE MY POKER PROMISES BECOME REALITY <----------

ok I don't want to start blog everytime I decide to change topic.. Enough that I am spamming almost every thread of some1 else :D

so here are main changes:
      instead of crying and shouting. I will focus on fun, uniting my BRs and moving up the levels. Whether I move up levels artificially or by great play.. I don't care..

I found value on pokerstars even though beatings I get there seems to be unvelievable. I happen to trust stars more than full tilt tho. But as I say.. AQ vs A6? 33 vs QQ on flop 376? I mean.. What the hell. But anyway.

My target is BR of 1000 BI's for moving up just as I wanted first time.
      I can bust anytime my monthly BR and then take a break. No problem. After all. Money doesn't matter to me
      I am staking! So if you're interested and are very good and platinum +. Don't feel ashamed to ask and we'll see what I can do for you and what you can offer to me. I am looking for value so I might turn you down, if I have feel that you're not as good as my canadian friend :s_evil:
      I might be playing big ones on stars too. Starting with $11 BI's but will be aiming for $215ish as soon as poss. Just need more time over weekends.
      blogging and whinning will be all part of it :)

And that's about it. I am in shape even though my knees are crying. I put them under so much pressure! Cycling, heavy lifting, running, soccer, walks.. I can do all of it at one day!
  • 132 replies
    • Airrr83
      Airrr83
      Bronze
      Hey,

So i wish u good luck :) crushing the limits

Best Regards Plami :f_p:
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Martin,

Good to see you joining the Poker blog section ;) we are thrilled to follow you!
      I have moved your thread to the correct place!

Good luck
      Ingrid
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      ty Ingrid couldn't find it on my own but knowing here are some great mods I didn't look further :)
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      ty Plami.

I'll try hard!

So far I am getting those setbacks. That's why I need full tilt's rakeback. On Stars NL2 I can only dream to reach silver with the volume I have.. :) With rakeback I would be up up and away already. I unfortunately have those streaks like one huge profitable session with over +10BI and then two or three that accounts into same downswing and there I sit even :) But I can move up limits and see from there :)

=)
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      had a bad run yesterday. And was tired. Lost flip in Sunday Storm. Really first hand I played. JJ vs KQo. That reminded me last time when I've lost AQ vs AJ which was my exit hand. I got bit on tilt as well but still played about the game I usualy play. Though. I've lost about $5 playing NL2 9 tabs on stars. I couldn't hit anything and Kings got raped in old style fashion. What to do?

That was the time to evaluate my game a bit. First of I've realized that I am getting raped at nite time, while usualy having good profits when I wake up. Is it possible that when we play majors there is more good players on NL2? This doesn't explain my bad run of cards tho. Nevermind.

I've set my stop loss for just $1. That pays for multitables. When I run so bad I will better stop rite there and cut all the tables to just one and play deep, trying to read some strategy's meanwhile.

That's what I did this morning. I've had typicaly bad run as the night continued and quickly lost $2 just before I was able to close the tables. There were 2 hands that couldn't be folded and again I've run into BS. Then I've opened just one table stacked $5 there and decided to go for value. Meanwhile I started from a start, reading BSS strategy. Before I got to read about half page I was playing two big hands. First I've lost about -$0.5, second I've won pot worth about $4.

Since I wasn't down 1.25 BI I've decided to reopen more tables with $0.8 BI and winstop with over or equal to $1. Which is my classic way to manage my BR. Since then I've never really looked back and ended up session with +8.75 BI.

One hand though made me mad. I've hit wonder second pair from my rare chase of mid pair and valued that guy out for about $0.7. It was time to cut it off the table. I wanted to, but I was sitting on SB and just got dealt my favourite PS losing hand. KK. I've raised it to my standards and very same guy called. Flop was Qxx. I went for 75%, turn came 3. As there was no draw or anything I've decided to go for value and again did the same move. Now he moved all in and I called. His hand ranges were really weak so I couldn't figure out what he has. When he turned over Q3 I was like: oh what the! :D No help on river and my money went to the monkey.

Overall I am happy with the turnout but I've realized that if I want to move up quickly I will have to surrender idea of playing Sunday Storm. When I move up the limits and will go for BI $11 which will be on NL5 or NL10, then my next step will be Sunday Storm. It will be less painful to lose just one buy-in like in cash game rather than losing half of my BR as at the moment. I've earned $10 of my bonus just yesterday but then again. Burned it in SS :)
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      Ok. I started day with slightly over $13

Morning was good. I closed morning session on $20.36 playing mostly 12 tables with BI $0.8, at one point just one with BI $5.

Night session after work. I felt tired but had a shot. First few hands showed profit. I got up to over $24 but then got scratched my back pretty badly. I had hands like this. KK vs preflop 4bet. I call. Flop is 525. I bet he shoves, I call. What the heck me thinks. Show me the aces. He shoved one and a jack! River? Don't even ask me. Other notable hand was 44 on flop 887 with heavy action there. So I bit guessed I still might be behind when 4 hit the turn. Btw. This heavy action on the flop was my cbet with 2-3 calls. What the heck. Case guy shown me 7s.

I finished with +3.14 BI but I think if there were no redraws on river I would be a bigger winner. I slowplayed few hands and had to pay for that. Mostly sets.. No two pairs tonite :)

Running balance $22.87

I am getting bit tempted to go and try those SCOOP satellites. They offer free ticket to final tablists plus cash in the ranks. In this case I will have to surrender some of my $$$$s :) The only problem is they're rebuys and I am not sure if there is any value to try with just one BI. I might be able to buy myself in and just sit out till the money. But is that worth IT?
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      I woke up. Did my routine including shower, yoga, dishes etc.. Time for poker was limited to only something below 2 hours. Let's say 1 hour 45 minutes. Twelve tables.

I've started good so there were no need to cut them down and study. Mostly it seemed that there will be no action but then some action hands started to fall in and from those I loved most my all time losing hand:

KK.

There was raise UTG+1 to 0.07, call from D, I raised lightly to 0.12 from SB, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, Dealer calls.

Flop 35Q ($0.48) diff suits. I bet 0.34, BB All in, UTG+1 calls all in, Dealer calls all in and I call all in. Knowing that I am beat again.

Total pot $3.06

Turn T
      River K

BB shows 39off :D , UTG+1 AQs and Dealer 55..

Nice suckout on those fives made me set for the rest of the session and I could've concentrate just on the game not on the balance.

My peak was 26+ but losing AA and QQ prior to closing the table stopped my balance to be that high..

Running Balance 25,47
      Session profit +3.25 BI
    • Airrr83
      Airrr83
      Bronze
      Hey,

I am playing the same limit as i said before in FTP but stoped there and moved to another poker room PokerHost :) where the deal is vry good at least throw the bulgarian site in which i registered bla bla....

So i wanted to ask u why u push hard in this hand when u know that in the low limit is full of calling stations and bluff = no value :) . It`s hard to not bluff but still is not profitable, i stoped to bluf especialy on turn or river because the calling stations are just all over way.... Good luck in the next session.

Best Regards Plami :f_p:
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      I had Kings right? I slightly re-raised preflop and rest of the field called. So nobody indicated that they have aces. Flop was Q high. So I value bet the flop and someone else put me effectively all in. I had already too much money in. Effectively 70% of my stack. To call 30% in 4 way pot is value. I still can catch king in case someone has trips which with Aces are the only hands to have me beat, rite? That's why I called..

I actually started to think whether it is profitable to call with 99 when two people are already all in. I have folded them many times in this situations but many times was ahead of their ranges or the flop contained 9. Most 'stupid' fold probably was when I folded TT to a min raise and flop was T high :) But that happens..

Good luck with Poker Host Plami. I've played there before. I just have only one advice. If you trust the site then go and play where is higher volume of players. For this I love Stars! I don't have to wait to get tables and I can pick any I want. I am bit worried about future when I move too high but then I will have to adjust.. As we all :s_love:

Once again. Good Luck Plami and thx for cheering. Will do the same for ya ;)
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      ok I am in the middle of losing session so I've cut all 12 just to 1 table and play with full buy-in. Got terribly raped mostly by stars but I admit that I've made some funky plays too. Even though.. KK vs 53s? I don't know.. On that board I would never put him on 3x hand. I am raising KK preflop rite? Some of those setupstars were really beyond my imagination. Anyway my downfall started when I had KT on flop KK6 vs 99 and lost.. :) Not that I was on tilt or so but I've played this hand badly and few others later too.

So time for me to study BSS and sit that one table while clearing my thoughts..

with full stack I can be a real nit!

yes. Stars at its best. KK vs QTs and another dowswing. I don't know what this funkin site is all about. I had set! ffs. The other two I've lost were QQ on very easy lookin 9high and Thigh flops.. Setupstars really :)
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      As soon as I've sat at the table with full buy-in my pain continued losing $2.5 pot with KK. Then long time nothing has happened apart from one thing. The table completely broken up. So I found another loose table and sat down. Loose table full of nits, including me. So.. AA 2x uncalled for amazing profit of 5 cents. Once I raised too much because there was BB and he was going to fold anyway and the other was my standard 3BB but it is like throwing pearls to swines. Fold fold fold.

Little break I got towards the end of this long session. I had Q4s, Q6o, 92s, T3o respectively. With all these hands I've won moderate to big pots and got back to losing just shy of a buy-in.

What was profitable of this session tho was my study time. I've managed this time very carefully to study first two parts of BSS strategy and I like it. I will include some hands that I do not play yet. For simple reason. I don't call at all and this will help 'loosen' up my game a bit. When I call it is usually 3bet with KK or AA trying to trap people into puttin more money on flop. Or with KK save some money in case of scary flop. For that matter I've managed to fold about 10 times KK today and in those cases where it was favourable for me to play them I've lost big with them. How else. This is KK for me on stars. Set up hand.

Now.. Let's see the numbers and hope that next sessions I will be allowed to multitable as much as I like! And one more thing. I am seriously thinking about to adjust my BR plans to BSS strategy BR. Maybe for 250BB as I play on stars but time will show, really :)

Running Balance $24.83
      Session Profit (shy off) -1BI
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      Live game is rigged as well :D

I've been playing £5 tournament. And I've been punished by folding AJs, Q4s.. Did hit something like nuts but I wasn't even in hand! Now.. I think I hit some trips as well and two pairs with something. But I wasn't playing one hand in about one hour and 45 minutes. I am bloody nit! Then it was there. Sudden jump in blinds, reseating which didn't make any sense to me. They put me at the very same table from CO on to BB????? WTF?? Yes. And there I was. I picked 66 on SB with about 4 BBs left. One call, raise so I pushed my first hand that I've played and.. He calls. 66 vs AT didn't held on turn and river no help. I was actually playing two more hands. One I called out turn's min bet with bottom pair but didn't improve so I had to fold and the same was from BB calling turn with 93s for FD and OESD and again hit nuttin.

Anyway I got good feeling about it. I didn't know that when I place my entire stack on my cards that I am effectively all in??? :s_o: Well atleast I've learned something about the players. I have tagged two more players now.. To figure out the rest won't be that hard :f_biggrin: So soon I am goin to play more hands with them and crash them :f_cool:

I just have to wait one more week now :f_grin:

EDIT: I've noticed that I should really work on speed of my decisions. I play too fast there.. They again asked whether I am in there. I scream my thoughts online but never on live poker table. They might as well give me nickname INVISIBLE ONE. All I have to figure out is something that will go well with this..
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      not a bad feelings. I made couple of smaller mistakes mixing my own game with BSS. Not a big deal. I think BSS is really good but.. I have to start playing bigger stack and to finish 2nd part of the reading. I started to call with small pairs where now I add even QQ :D I don't see this profitable especially with my low stacks. Another mistake was raising into the original raisor on the flop. And one hand I've misplayed terribly was AA on the turn. I bet pre, I bet flop which was 9 high, I cbet turn as well now he pushes and before he does I talk myself to calling because I will be pot commited. Now that was biggest mistake of the night. Sometimes I do too quick decisions and that is not profitable at all. Coulda been slightly up. But otherwise I am happy.. And.. I love pokerstars! Cards are random no matter how sick they fall and ability to find quickly table is always great. I don't think Full Tilt can match it even in their peak.

Ok that's me for today.

Running Balance $24.79
      Profit -2 BB
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      Well. Apart from misplaying AQo at one moment for 0.4 I am not sure what I did wrong to be in hole. This losing streak takes little longer now. Atleast I've managed to keep the damage as low as possible :s_evil:

Now looking forward. 108 more points over next two days and.. I am set to make $ 10 out of my bonus.. I think that won't be that hard after all :f_biggrin: Atleast I hope so :s_cool: But if I am supposed to be dead like last days then there will be no multitabling at all. Just waiting for this period to end.. :) I hope I won't be waiting till end of a year :D

Well. Atleast I've managed to take some time and studied BSS again. Finished the basics now I really hope that it will take few days before I am forced to study again.

Felt little tired and went for a walk. Still feeling tired so I will take some sleep and hit the tables at night when I wake up all new and fresh :f_biggrin:

Running Balance $23.54
      Profit -2 BI (almost)
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      testing full tilt and here is my first bad performance.. -0.7 :(

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q, Q.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.06, 4 folds, BB calls $0.04, MP1 calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.19) 3, 9, 5 (3 players)
      BB checks, MP1 bets $0.02, Hero raises to $0.20, BB folds, MP1 calls $0.18.

Turn: ($0.59) 6 (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.47, MP1 raises to $1.17(All-In), Hero calls $0.70.

River: ($2.93) A (2 players)

Final Pot: $2.93.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of queens(Q Q).
      MP1 shows a straight, six high(4 2).

MP1 wins with a straight, six high(4 2).
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      ok. first session of the day. There will be many today before I head to work. I need some 93 points now till tomorrow to make easy $10 so I will allow myself some losing sessions as well but always take break at stop loss and do something else.

I played well mostly my game bit enriched by BSS but mostly I deviated from. What I used were some new hand ranges and advices postflop plus the most important device: FOLD! And added my new improvement and that is to think longer when I have decision.. :) Sometimes gets tough..

So when I was on peak I got dealt AA vs AJo vs QJo and we shipped preflop. NOw.. Two running cards on turn and river gave my opponent two pairs. The second big hand I played after that was KK vs 98 and as it is ALWAYS in my case there was no help once he flopped two pairs on easy lookin board.. :(

Running Balance 24.21
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      ok I am testing Full Tilt :) Its funny.. I run bad really bad. I've lost both AA's I got dealt today. AA vs QQ preflop. And AA on board AT9??? I think.. You know.. That I am way too unlucky since I've joined the site :)
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      ok I've given up pokerstars thing. Due to recent events..

I will stick to full tilt for now.. I run bad. My Non Showdown winnings are higher than showdown winnings atm. I run so bad you can't even imagine. I will see tho. 3500 hands isn't that big sample.. :D