[NL2-NL10] SH NL10 K7s bluff 4bet BU, sick move vs TAG?

• ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.81)
      BB ($10.81)
      UTG ($10.51)
      UTG+1 ($9.55)
      CO ($10.76)
      Hero ($13.21)

Dealt to Hero K:club: 7:club:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, BB raises to $1, Hero raises to $2.40, BB calls $1.40

FLOP ($4.85) T:spade: 3:club: 8:heart:

BB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($4.85) T:spade: 3:club: 8:heart: 9:club:

BB bets $2.50, Hero raises to $10.81 (AI), BB calls $5.91 (AI)

RIVER ($21.67) T:spade: 3:club: 8:heart: 9:club: T:club:

Villian TAG'ish stats 22/17/2.7/Fold vs steal 59%/Raise vs steal 18% over 140 hands
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ragney,

Preflop: What's about his postflop play? How does he react to CBets and etc. And as well I might even do it a bit bigger preflop like $2,70 or something similar, not to give him good odds to Call with any kind of broadway or PPs.
      Postflop: What was the reason that you didn't CBet? Pretty good board to do that actually, while not many draws out there. I would be more often inclined to CBet the flop while we have a lot of backdoors possible and as well might even secure us the free card for river, plus have of course fold equity.

But as played the turn is kinda marginal, there is not much you can represent actually if you didn't bet the flop. I just don't see many hands what we make to fold there, only reasonable hands might be some bluffs and that's all. Therefore I might even consider just taking the implied odds and ship it on river if we do hit. When we getting our money in on turn then usually we will be behind. And as well I expect them to have some kind of a hand there rather doing the donk-bet on turn with air.

Conclusion rather bet the flop to avoid such spots.

Best regards.
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello ragney,

Preflop: What's about his postflop play? How does he react to CBets and etc. And as well I might even do it a bit bigger preflop like $2,70 or something similar, not to give him good odds to Call with any kind of broadway or PPs.
      Postflop: What was the reason that you didn't CBet? Pretty good board to do that actually, while not many draws out there. I would be more often inclined to CBet the flop while we have a lot of backdoors possible and as well might even secure us the free card for river, plus have of course fold equity.

But as played the turn is kinda marginal, there is not much you can represent actually if you didn't bet the flop. I just don't see many hands what we make to fold there, only reasonable hands might be some bluffs and that's all. Therefore I might even consider just taking the implied odds and ship it on river if we do hit. When we getting our money in on turn then usually we will be behind. And as well I expect them to have some kind of a hand there rather doing the donk-bet on turn with air.

Best regards.
      I don't really know (disadvantage of massa tabling :P ) his postflop play. But I met various aggresive blind opponents and I didn't really want to get raised on the flop vs AK/TT as some aggresive regs are capable of doing that on dry boards.

PS. He had 66 :P
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by ragney
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello ragney,

Best regards.
      I don't really know (disadvantage of massa tabling :P ) his postflop play. But I met various aggresive blind opponents and I didn't really want to get raised on the flop vs AK/TT as some aggresive regs are capable of doing that on dry boards.

PS. He had 66 :P
      Yeah, that's the point. I was somewhat thinking of 77, although 66 is possible as well. :f_biggrin: