$10.30
      BU:
      $9.38
      SB:
      $11.33
      BB:
      $21.84

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, T.
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.65) 5, 2, 4 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.35, BB calls $0.35.

Turn: ($1.35) Q (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.85, BB raises to $2.40, Hero calls $1.55.

River: ($6.15) K (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.85, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $6.15.

Turn : fold/shove/float?

river : sizing?
  • 11 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello FishOnTheRoad,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future, so we will be able to help you fix your leaks and as well help move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Flop: I might even do a bit bigger CBet here like $0,40 although that doesn't matter that much.
      Turn: 2nd barreling should be fine if you expect him to fold some weaker PPs here but if rather he is some kind of fishy player then I might even just give it up right here and not bet at all. But when you did bet then I don't see why we should continue here, just fold to the raise, we don't beat much.

As played
      River: Got pretty lucky or didn't we? :D Bet for value and hope to be ahead. Might even at some spots come up with a very strong hand and we have to even fold to the Check/Raise.

Best regards.
    • FishOnTheRoad
      FishOnTheRoad
      Global
      1) Ty for the analyse.

2) I'll try to explain my process on that hand.

BB is not a fish imo, he is coach on ps and for sure a better player than myself. :P

Flop : i think its a nice flop to cb because its not a flop that hits his range hardly. I think villain calls me with pp, straight draws, pair + straight draw, A high (actually a gs too :tongue: ) and some randoms floats.

Turn : the Q is a really good candidate for a 2nd barrel because i think its a card that hits my perceive hand range.

So i bet and villain c/r. At first i was looking about the fold button because i'm crushed by villain's range. Then, i just leveled myself : "it's a good barrel card for me and villain knows that then its a really good card for him to make a c/r with a really wide range and he is not repin that much nuts hands". At this time i was looking to shove but i was a little scary about being very polarised so i decided to call because i think that villain 'll perceveive my calling range full of nuts hands and that he'll give up on the river most of the time except if he gots a really good hand.

river : when i hit the K on the river and villain checks to me i was pretty confident i got the best hand and that his range was composed in most part by Qx or 5x

so i made a little value bet who's more likely to be call, but its probably really thin.

I hope this sounds "english" and is readable :tongue:
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      I would probably prefer to check back the flop and take a free card since he is likely to call you pre mostly with PPs and some suited broadways (which he could actually rather protect agressively preflop) so mostly low PPs and he is likely to float with them if he holds an overpair on that flop because your range is pretty wide and he can be ahead often agaist it.

(That´s just my opinion how I would aproach a good player like that one you said he is)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      If he is a thinking player then betting the flop doesn't make sense. He will float most of the time it and you have to either maybe 2barrel at least or maybe even 3barrel.

And obvious Calling the turn doesn't make sense at all, you don't beat his range. Pretty horrible Call.
    • FishOnTheRoad
      FishOnTheRoad
      Global
      ok ty veriz and acceleration123 i'll try to think about that.

but i guess if i check back the flop villain could make a +ev move by beting a lot of turn with his entire range :( nope?

in the other hand, there is some merit to check behind on the flop if the turn is a T or K because he 'll barrel turn and river with most of his air. no?
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Originally posted by FishOnTheRoad

but i guess if i check back the flop villain could make a +ev move by beting a lot of turn with his entire range :( nope?
      Not sure, it´s possible since he might spot weekness in your check-behind on the flop, but this also depends on the way he views you as a player.

in the other hand, there is some merit to check behind on the flop if the turn is a T or K because he 'll barrel turn and river with most of his air. no?
      Yes, imo it´s possible so you can get some pot control and call if the turn is K/T (because raising wouldn´t actually make sense - not much worse calling). But you can´t expect to get much value on the river later on if he does this with air since he is not likely to fire the river with the 2nd pair I believe.

Even if you checked the flop - turn brings Ace, Jack or w/e good card that fits your range better than his, you can still win unimproved.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      but i guess if i check back the flop villain could make a +ev move by beting a lot of turn with his entire range nope?

Doesn't really matter for me if he would even bet the turn. The problem is that if we bet the flop against thinking player and he Calls then we often have to barrel at least 2 times. Such a flop is often times very easily either floatable or he could even Check/Raise you right on flop since it's not that likely that you hit there anything.

He would likely try to bet the turn if he is somewhat aggressive opponent and yes, you could easily induce him to try maybe even bluff the turn & river if we do hit.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Btw. it is really possible you just outplayed him in that hand, but this is due to the fact that the turn has helped you. If the turn was some other low card 6-9 or 3 or it would pair the board than you actually have to fold even against a donk or a check/raise and you wouldn´t be able to play the hand that you actually did.
    • FishOnTheRoad
      FishOnTheRoad
      Global
      ty both for the feedback i really appreciated :P and its interesting. :P
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by FishOnTheRoad
      ty both for the feedback i really appreciated :P and its interesting. :P
      Always does and you are welcome. Feel free to post more hands to discuss and have the fun. :f_biggrin:
    • FishOnTheRoad
      FishOnTheRoad
      Global
      done :D