$0,8
      MP1:
      $3,85
      CO:
      $2,25
      BU:
      $2,82

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:heart: , T:club:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0,02, 2 folds, CO calls $0,02, BU calls $0,02, SB folds, Hero raises to $0,12, MP1 raises to $0,22, 3 folds, MP1 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0,29

Minrasie shouldn't be allowed ;(
      How would you tackel this guy?
  • 4 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey tryhardnoob,

Against unknown I would just stick to the raising chart and continue here with JJ+/AK(the range you use to continue when you get reraised after your openraise).

Most of the time this line is typical monster line, so I like the tight JJ+/AK range to continue, but sometimes fish get tilted or some fish are more aggro and can also l/r any PP or Ax+, however that's read dependent and you can go all-in with TT if you observe the tables and get such a read.

Best regards,
      burek2000
    • tryhardnoob
      tryhardnoob
      Bronze
      Yea, guess that is a weak part with playing 16tbls :(
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Hi burek,
      How do you treat preflop minraise (2x) before you in MSS?
      You said that you treated it as 2 limper in SSS.
      How about MSS?
      I mean against unknown.
      Thanks.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey JHTAN,

Originally posted by JHTAN
      Hi burek,
      How do you treat preflop minraise (2x) before you in MSS?
      You said that you treated it as 2 limper in SSS.
      How about MSS?
      I mean against unknown.
      Thanks.
      To be honest, it depends(also applies for SSS). If I move up the limit and most of the player pool is unknown to me I give much more credit to players(specially because regs on NL100+ use minraise as their common preflop raise), but once I play certain limit for some time and I know more or less most regulars then I will usually treat minraise as 2 limpers, because unknown player will usually be some casual/fishy player.

And what's more, even after 20-30 hands the stats give you kind of idea which player's minraises you should be careful about and which are just loose and can be treated as limpers.

Usually I don't have a general rule here, it's by far the best to gather as much information as fast as possible.

Best regards,
      burek2000