This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] MSS TT. Getting minraised preflop

• tryhardnoob
      tryhardnoob
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $0,8
      MP1:
      $3,85
      CO:
      $2,25
      BU:
      $2,82

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:heart: , T:club:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0,02, 2 folds, CO calls $0,02, BU calls $0,02, SB folds, Hero raises to $0,12, MP1 raises to $0,22, 3 folds, MP1 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0,29

Minrasie shouldn't be allowed ;(
      How would you tackel this guy?
  • 4 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey tryhardnoob,

Against unknown I would just stick to the raising chart and continue here with JJ+/AK(the range you use to continue when you get reraised after your openraise).

Most of the time this line is typical monster line, so I like the tight JJ+/AK range to continue, but sometimes fish get tilted or some fish are more aggro and can also l/r any PP or Ax+, however that's read dependent and you can go all-in with TT if you observe the tables and get such a read.

Best regards,
      burek2000
    • tryhardnoob
      tryhardnoob
      Bronze
      Yea, guess that is a weak part with playing 16tbls :(
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Hi burek,
      How do you treat preflop minraise (2x) before you in MSS?
      You said that you treated it as 2 limper in SSS.
      How about MSS?
      I mean against unknown.
      Thanks.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey JHTAN,

Originally posted by JHTAN
      Hi burek,
      How do you treat preflop minraise (2x) before you in MSS?
      You said that you treated it as 2 limper in SSS.
      How about MSS?
      I mean against unknown.
      Thanks.
      To be honest, it depends(also applies for SSS). If I move up the limit and most of the player pool is unknown to me I give much more credit to players(specially because regs on NL100+ use minraise as their common preflop raise), but once I play certain limit for some time and I know more or less most regulars then I will usually treat minraise as 2 limpers, because unknown player will usually be some casual/fishy player.

And what's more, even after 20-30 hands the stats give you kind of idea which player's minraises you should be careful about and which are just loose and can be treated as limpers.

Usually I don't have a general rule here, it's by far the best to gather as much information as fast as possible.

Best regards,
      burek2000