[NL2-NL10] MSS TT, Shove against UTG PREFLOP!

• tryhardnoob
      Known players:

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:heart: , T:diamond:
      UTG1 raises to $0,10, 4 folds, CO calls $0,10, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0,80 (All-In), UTG1 calls $0,70, CO folds.

Flop: ($1,71) K:spade: , 7:heart: , 3:heart:
      Turn: ($1,71) 5:diamond:
      River: ($1,71) K:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $1,71

Results follow (highlight to see):
      UTG1 shows (9s 9d)
      Hero shows tvåpar, kungar och tior (Th Td)

Hero wins with tvåpar, kungar och tior (Th Td)

I know this is not like the basic article wants me to play but I'd like you to imagine I was holding QQ instead.

Since the 3betting will be 40 cent I will be potcommited so is it correct to shove than or should I just not bet at all?
  • 1 reply
    • burek2000
      Hey tryhardnoob,

If villain(UTG) was really playing 22/17 then this would be a nice squeeze. The problem here is the fact you only have 18 hands on him which is way too few to estimate his raising ranges thus TT becomes quite boarderline squeezing hand and I would advise to limit yourself to JJ+/AK here just to stay on the safe side.

As for your question, when villain openraises that big and 3-bet would commit you and you sit OOP it's always better to push directly instead of making 3x 3-bet. And as far as pushing or folding is concerned, when you have a hand you can value 3-bet just push it, don't fold because you have to push instead of make a standard 3-bet.

Best regards,